big babes numbers

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zigurat666

big babes numbers

Post by Zigurat666 »

Im having trouble finding specific info on the Babes scenarios in regards to industry numbers. I am playing it with my opponent for the first(and a half) time and I am noticing that fuel/oil is a lot more prevalent than in regular scenarios. I am finding the task of keeping the economy going as Japan more resource based than fuel based. Is this my imagination or what?? Is it safe to say I can expand refinerys a little more than usual based on my assumptions?
PaxMondo

RE: big babes numbers

Post by PaxMondo »

Only change I am aware of is that refineries produce no supply. I don't play them though, so I am not expert.
Pax
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I can't imagine you need more refinery capacity. I play DBB-C. I'll repair oil fields but not refineries.

Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Do you use Witp tracker?
if so you should post the witp economy chart.

DBB reduces cargo capacity, thus it might be possible that your resource convoys are not optimal/ less efficient than they used to be when you played vanilla scenarios

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I also favor increasing LI in places where there's a glut of resources. Often better to produce supplies there than ship resources back to Japan. It's easy to go overboard on that, so don't. Just increase it a little at a time when you have the extra supply needed, then stop before the end of '42. Diminishing returns after that.

Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Do you use Witp tracker?
if so you should post the witp economy chart.

DBB reduces cargo capacity, thus it might be possible that your resource convoys are not optimal/ less efficient than they used to be when you played vanilla scenarios

As you can see, I have no issues with oil and fuel is dropping at an anemic rate,so was wondering if it was safe to expand the refineries

Attachments
fuel.jpg
fuel.jpg (96.33 KiB) Viewed 58 times
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

It doesn't quite fit in here, but I thought it's better than to open a new thread for a single, quick, question: Is it possible to have a good AI game (as the Japanese side) with BigBabes-A or BabesLite, or should I rather stick to the stock scenarios?
KenchiSulla

Post by KenchiSulla »

In general there is a shortage of oil. My guess is that you are shipping more oil then fuel. That is why you see a drop of fuel and not of oil... Locally it seems you need more refining capacity but actually you need to start shipping more fuel and less oil... Try looking at the global numbers, not the local ones!

In my game vs Mundy I ship mostly fuel and a bit of oil. The oil supply in the HI is slowly dropping and my fuel supply is slowly rising
AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

If you own the coast from Saigon to Port Arthur, oil will get there eventually. That's a short trip to stockpile oil there using short range tankers and it'll get somewhere more useful in time. It'll build up in Shanghai too and you can ship it to Nagasaki from there, again with short range tankers. Also, Bangkok will feed from Saigon even though there's a gap in the RR. You can also dump oil in Singapore and it'll move.

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: SigUp

It doesn't quite fit in here, but I thought it's better than to open a new thread for a single, quick, question: Is it possible to have a good AI game (as the Japanese side) with BigBabes-A or BabesLite, or should I rather stick to the stock scenarios?

From what I read there is not much difference. You can check eg. this thread for some AI info:

tm.asp?m=3912336

I play "babes light" btw. you can expect some more supply problems as ref do not produce supply. Needs more shipped to areas with refs in contrast to stock where these areas will produce a limited amount of supply. In this mod not.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”