Soviet Trucks

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

chaos45

Soviet Trucks

Post by chaos45 »

Soviet Military Production trucks and Lorries:

1942-30,400= 584 trucks per week

1943-45,600= 876 trucks per week

1944-52,600= 1,011 trucks per week

Total: 197,100

So why does Soviet Truck production drop to 55% in 1942 and never increase in the game? As they steadily increased Truck production as the war went on. Wont be a massive change but over time will equal either better supplies or a hanful more mechanized Corps.

Also Soviet military trucks on hand at the end of WW2 amount to over 600,000 after all the massive losses from the massive defeats of 1941/1942.....Trying to figure out why in the game the Soviets are struggling to supply their army and find trucks to build new mobile corps.

Guessing the massive increase in lend-lease in 1943 will help a ton providing the soviet player doesnt go overboard on mech/tank corps. It does seem odd though given the historical truck losses the Soviets had yet still managed to build all the mechanzied type corps they did and somehow keep their army supplied.

Peltonx

RE: Soviet Trucks

Post by Peltonx »

Why they had to stop operations for months to move up supplies.

There is no real truck issue even when your at -70+% you have yet to see what happens 43+

Dave would be a good person to chat with as he is playing Russia and Germany vs M60 and myself.

Both going into 43 and 44.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

In my game I had a truck crisis three times. Partially responsible for it was a bug (SU eating as much trucks as parent), but it was very hard to have mobile forces really mobile. I had to disband a lot of units to make my army moving in 1944 and when LL stopped in 1945 I was living on borrowed time.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Yeah, what's the deal?? Temporary shortages, for sure, but like never get the trucks you need? 8000k army and 12 tk xxxx's should be about right. .05?
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Judging from your data the .55 is too generous for 42, producing 774/week vs your 584. At least this balances-out in 43. Historical reduction is possible but this may have serious balance problems due to extreme truck shortages for soviet player.
At least in .05 you should not have that many trucks stuck in repair pools.

BTW where did you get the production data from ?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Two websites that list very similar numbers- one has a further link to source but im blocked from seeing the that site.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=145035

http://ww2-weapons.com/History/Production/Russia/
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Was also doing some research on amount of guards units an types an such.

35% seems about right mechanized units

Mech Corps
- 10 Regular Mech Corps reformed in 1942 on.
- 4 Guard Mech Corps- one converted from 13th Tank Corps, 1 Converted from a Mech Corps, 2 Formed as Guard Mech Corps.

One issue is the 1st Guard Mech Corps was formed in June 1942 and the 1st Mech Corps was formed in August 1942. So with that in mind shouldnt the Soviet player be allowed to form mech corps slightly earlier than current?

Also as per below- Soviets would need motorized BDEs effectively in the first winter to have any chance of generating Guards motorized BDEs to form 2 Guard mech corps in the summer of 1942. I could have missed this when playing but dont think you can build motorized BDEs over/before the 1941 winter can you...again may have just been an oversight on my part.

Also historically they formed 2 Guard Mech Corps in mid/late 1942, this seems pretty much impossible in the current game. You had to form motorized BDEs from your AP pool then gotten them engaged in alot of successful fighting over the summer of 1942 no less to produce 4x guards motorized BDEs to be available to forms those first two guards mech corps.

M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Why they had to stop operations for months to move up supplies.

There is no real truck issue even when your at -70+% you have yet to see what happens 43+

Dave would be a good person to chat with as he is playing Russia and Germany vs M60 and myself.

Both going into 43 and 44.

I'll side with Pelton to an extent on this one. If you manage your truck fleet even with 20+ tank corps the truck situation can get challenging but only towards the end of 1942, Things start to recover with the additional Lend Lease trucks start arriving in January 1943.

Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Hmm, the translation provided at axishistory claims only 150k of 205k trucks produced until 5/45 were sent to the military, other 55x were slated for civilian/industrial use.
The 41gc vehicle factory setup may be somewhat incorrect or includes some smallish manufacturers that were quickly evacuated.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Yep took a look at the game now that I'm off work can't even build motorized bdes until April and mech corps in September.

So for the soviet player to form guard mech corps by historical formation those dates have to be moved up or the historical mech corps added as reinforcements
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

1,2, 6 Guard mechanised were formed from guard rifle divisions .

If you want to win guard status trough combat, build mot rifle bde in april, put them directly under front hq (best initiative and admin ) and place them in reserve behind the front line . you can get the 12 wins either trough defensive or ofensive commitments without ocuping space on the front line .

chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Gabriel- Stilll doubt you will have the amount of wins needed to form the Mech Corps by the historical dates- as you would need 2x Guard motorized BDEs by June and another 2x by August.

If your winning that many battles your German Player is doing a very bad job in 1942. Look at all the recent AARs for summer 1942- isnt alot of winning for Soviets that summer. You have to have most of your guards built up by March 1942.

So your talking 24+ wins in total between the 2 BDEs as odds are your not getting both BDEs into the same combat, also odds are they arent winning every battle with a reserve activation for a 1 CV units, in fact probably losing most.

Those first couple mech corps either need to be added to the reinforcement schedule or an earlier formation date needs put on motorized BDEs/Mech Corps so you can form them by historical dates.

Having them show up with nothing on their forming date would require them to fill up with men/equipment and then train up for several weeks so may be the best option. Also would represent them being formed from units that historically Im pretty sure were shattered/beat up from combat and withdrawn from the front to form the new Corps in the rear.

That way the Soviet player gets a couple corps early and as historical but has to build the rest as the delayed timeline for Mech corps formation in the game.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

1 guard mech begun forming on 22 oct 1942

http://tankfront.ru/ussr/mk/gvmk01.html

2 guard mech begun forming 22 oct 1942

http://tankfront.ru/ussr/mk/gvmk02.html

hope you can translate the links but there is no doubt wrt the date.

versus a human oponent, I simply do not care if my mech corps are guards or not by historical date .
versus the AI , I get them regulary even on hard .

chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Cant look at your source at the moment.

Seems the orginal websites I looked at may have the wrong dates, but I also see several show August for the 1st formation of normal mech corps.

The majority it does seem were formed September and after though.
Gabriel B.

Post by Gabriel B. »

08.09.1942 is the date the first regular corps begun forming .

it means 8 sep 1942 not 9 aug 1942 as in the US.

Return to “The War Room”