[FIXED B741] Strike AC unable to refuel because stuck at 200ft and thus crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wild_Willie2

[FIXED B741] Strike AC unable to refuel because stuck at 200ft and thus crash

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Hi there,

Here is a repeatable save of four Tornado's flying at 200 feet on a strike mission to attack an AF but after a few minutes they return to refuel but they will not climb higher than 200 feet even when near the tanker and will thus crash due to lack of fuel.

The save begins with the Tornado's flying in to attack, but after a few minutes abort to refuel and thus later crash through lack of fuel.

I tried to abort their mission manually and to raise their flight altitude but their stuck good.

W.
Attachments
refuelcra..200feet.zip
(170.25 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Kitchens Sink

RE: Strike AC unable to refuel because stuck at 200ft and thus crash

Post by Kitchens Sink »

After the Tornados went for the tanker. I deleted each plane from the group, unassigned them, manually changed their altitude to maximum, and put them on a plot towards the tankers.

Not how it should work for sure, but at least I have them heading in the right direction at the right altitude (so far).
Kitchens Sink

Post by Kitchens Sink »

I got the Tornados right next to the tankers at 45K ft, assigned one to refuel, and it dived to 200 ft. with the tanker at 45K ft.

Strange indeed
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

In a closed beta build I am running (732) they do finally climb once they are right below the tanker and refuel. The only issue is that the group dissolves for some reason and they all go one by one and seem to stick with the tanker they initially chose. This makes it take a long time and was about to run the very last one out of fuel. I saved him by manually giving him another refuel order which made him change his tanker preference from Gulf 05 to 08.

Second time I ran it they all made it though. Not sure what the difference was.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Okay the problem was that the aircraft had to be within 0.1nm to adjust altitude. We did that in order to not mess with the Bingo Fuel cruise altitude. Have increased the 'altitude adjust' zone to 5nm which seems to resolve the problem [8D]

Thanks for reporting this one [8D]

PS: why on earth aren't you using the strike planner functionality! *cough*

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”