FREE!!!! Matrix is giving this game away for FREE!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Knavey

FREE!!!! Matrix is giving this game away for FREE!

Post by Knavey »

I can't believe it. They finally did it! A free game about the War in the Pacific!

FREE Game about the War in the Pacific!

You might need some help with getting it setup. It can be more complicated than this little rookie game they call WitP-AE

Try using Dosbox to get it to run, and then come back and complain about micromanaging in WitP-AE. No comparison.

DosBox Emulator

Playing it right now...doesn't get much better than this when you get back to the basics and not a B[:@]RKED game.

Running it on Win7 btw.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
Oberst_Klink

RE: FREE!!!! Matrix is giving this game away for FREE!

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Knavey

I can't believe it. They finally did it! A free game about the War in the Pacific!

You might need some help with getting it setup. It can be more complicated than this little rookie game they call WitP-AE

Try using Dosbox to get it to run, and then come back and complain about micromanaging in WitP-AE. No comparison.

DosBox Emulator

Playing it right now...doesn't get much better than this when you get back to the basics and not a B[:@]RKED game.

Running it on Win7 btw.
Well... it does run even without DOSBox; in fact since February 2003 :)

But aye, it's a classic and a good beer'n brezel alternative to WitP.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/235 ... ix.Edition

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

DosBox Emulator

Running it on Win7 btw.

One of the first and a classic. I think Matrix have given this one away from their earliest beginning.

The term DOS will be something many people brought up on Windows will not know or if they do not understand how it worked. This makes me feel old.

For those who have never played an old DOS game they are missing out on some fine classic but the graphics are, how shall I put it, simple. I won't use the term poor as it was all we had at the time especially on the PC with it four primary colours. If you go further back to the Apple ][ era it's colours where better it had 16 (red, bright red, green, bright green etc) so the PC was a step back. But the PC was not built for gaming it was a business machine and in business mode it gave you two colours, green/Amber or not Green/Amber dependant on the type of monitor you had.

dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

This is the grandfather of AE (great-grandfather, maybe?). Thank you Gary Grigsby for decades of continued development.[:)]

I found this game on an abandonware site and played it for many years, eventually looking around for a more "modern" version. It actually was loaded on my current Windows 7 machine, although I don't think I ever tried to play it. It ran well under XP, but I, too, used DOSBox for the oldies under Windows 7.

Only two DOS games I have active now are Sherlock and Pirates!.
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

My two DOSBox games are War In Russia and Darklands which is a crossover of Baldur's Gate and WITP:AE in terms of game engine and level of addictiveness.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Darklands was one of my all time favorites too [:)] One of the few games like this I actually finished. Baulder's Gate, most of the Might and Magic ones (at least 1-4, not sure about the rest) and Outcast (the only game I know of whose music was all done by a national orchestra (Russian iirc)
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

DOS?? I liked Age Of Rifles but lost it win Win 3.1,(the first great Microsoft lie)...

pelthunter

Post by pelthunter »

PacWar Matrix Edition was something I played for hundreds of hours before WITP. A very nice game.
I made exceptional effort to understand why one would try to deny existing fact and disclaim well documented history. I failed.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

I just got "knaved."
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

I owned both versions from their original publisher SSI. Played them for a long time. The Matrix versions fixed some long standing bugs and were fun to play.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

DosBox Emulator

Running it on Win7 btw.

I clicked on this like 3 times thinking it was a link to page... trolled...
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Does the game have an AI?
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Does the game have an AI?

Yes. I only played it against the AI back then.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

I clicked on this like 3 times thinking it was a link to page... trolled...

If you want a page:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/235 ... ix.Edition
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”