Anyone like Medieval games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Rising-Sun

Anyone like Medieval games?

Post by Rising-Sun »

This one is new, should be out sometime end of September. Look interesting, kinda like Total War Series, but I like this one much better. But still have no clues if this game will be fully patch without bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0oStXVIBUU
zakblood

RE: Anyone like Medieval games?

Post by zakblood »

looks good, so fingers crossed it plays well
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I like the looks of it. Thanks for posting the video link, RisingSun.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Orm

Post by Orm »

Looks interesting.

Thank you for sharing. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Looks good...putting it on my Steam wishlist! Thanks! [:)]

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Beware it's in real time.
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Thank you for the warning.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: Orm

Thank you for the warning.

Yeah you can pause it between the situations or put it on very, very slow timing.

I think I am going to wait and see how this program going to be, least and hopefully it will get patch few times into better shape and balance.
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

If it plays as slow as Command Ops then it might not be so bad but, most RTS games usually aren't very slow. Even Paradox games on their slowest settings can be a pain to play when you own a lot of territory.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

If it plays as slow as Command Ops then it might not be so bad but, most RTS games usually aren't very slow. Even Paradox games on their slowest settings can be a pain to play when you own a lot of territory.

True, if you watch the video, you will see how slow it was for a moment that he was trying to explain or something. Least it have pause and very slow timing that will come in handy in some situations.
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Looks like a fun game. Wondering about the combat. I haven't watched all the videos yet.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Anyone bought this game yet out a day or so go?
Formerly Goodwood

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

on steam yes, it's ok, nothing grand or different imo from total war ones, after a few patches it may get better...

looks nice, plays well, but nothing stands out as special...

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (725.86 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Cool, seen some videos that have very large engagements. It kinda like total war series, but alittle different. Hope this game is modable.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

looking wise it's a great game, plenty to see and look at, eye candy level is very high, on a high spec pc, crank it up and it's well nice looking, but when it comes down to game play, tbh it's same old formula with nothing different added, so yes good game, looks good and plays well, but if you have any of the others, it's so so imo.

map size massive, plenty of different terrain, plenty of different troop types, weather and landscape and animals all add to looks, epic battles, same formula, largest maddest attack wins same as all tbh...

map scroll and zoom levels and camera angles all good, moves very fluid on a high end pc...

now add in some mods, a editor so i can play around myself, a few minor patches then i'll alter my comments
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

'Hell' is the best game I've played in a long time since 'Ghost Master'. I'ma keep playing it for awhile. Hopefully something new will come out one of these days and not be a repeat of something from the past with a different skin or Roman numerals.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

A DRM-Free version of Grand Ages: Medieval is sold by GOG.com for those who don't want to use Steam or the Kalypso launcher. For multiplayer it is necessary to use GOG Galaxy.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

try this one as well, while not for everyone, it's a good game all the same

NOBUNAGA S AMBITION Sphere of Influence

Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (263.29 KiB) Viewed 115 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (299.39 KiB) Viewed 115 times
balto

Post by balto »

I watched all 40 episodes of the great YouTube guy, Kailvin, he received an advance copy from developer. If you watch his last episode (#40) he accurately sums up that the AI is one of the worst he has seen because it gives all AI opponents the infinite ability to create instant armies in all cities to make up for a gimped AI (it does not attack well, just ineffective raids).

But that was pre-release. I bought it yesterday hoping that was patched. I have played about 10 hours already. I can assure you that the AI was not changed at all. Therefore there is reason to buy this right now. No matter how well you micromanage, you can not defeat the AI because they all have max-fortified cities, and maximum sized armies that replenish themselves almost instantly. You also cannot outproduce them.

The first several hours are fun because you only encounter neutral towns. Once you come across the majors, it still is fun even though when you look at the stats of the other majors, you are not doing that great. But wait till the AI declares war on you.., then it sucks. The AI never seriously threatens you, he just sends raiding party after raiding party.., it is sooooo aggravating. And if you want to siege a city, that takes a gigantic amount of planning and frustration. And if you take it, well, there about a hundred more that keep getting stronger.

I am hoping the AI will be revamped. I do not think it will ever improve because some tweaking here and there will do nothing, the entire AI is wrecked.

Oh well, I had about 8 hours of fun. Money well spent.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: balto

I watched all 40 episodes of the great YouTube guy, Kailvin, he received an advance copy from developer. If you watch his last episode (#40) he accurately sums up that the AI is one of the worst he has seen because it gives all AI opponents the infinite ability to create instant armies in all cities to make up for a gimped AI (it does not attack well, just ineffective raids).

But that was pre-release. I bought it yesterday hoping that was patched. I have played about 10 hours already. I can assure you that the AI was not changed at all. Therefore there is reason to buy this right now. No matter how well you micromanage, you can not defeat the AI because they all have max-fortified cities, and maximum sized armies that replenish themselves almost instantly. You also cannot outproduce them.

The first several hours are fun because you only encounter neutral towns. Once you come across the majors, it still is fun even though when you look at the stats of the other majors, you are not doing that great. But wait till the AI declares war on you.., then it sucks. The AI never seriously threatens you, he just sends raiding party after raiding party.., it is sooooo aggravating. And if you want to siege a city, that takes a gigantic amount of planning and frustration. And if you take it, well, there about a hundred more that keep getting stronger.

I am hoping the AI will be revamped. I do not think it will ever improve because some tweaking here and there will do nothing, the entire AI is wrecked.

Oh well, I had about 8 hours of fun. Money well spent.

Try contact the developer about this issues and see what he/she said. Poor AIs isn't good though, isn't there a difficulty setting in that game?

Return to “General Discussion”