New Scenario for Testing: First Battle of Donetsk Airport

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

ApolloW

New Scenario for Testing: First Battle of Donetsk Airport

Post by ApolloW »

This scenario simulates operation of Ukrainian Army in Donetsk airport in late May 2014. So-called First battle of the Donetsk airport.
In this scenario ukrainian aviation should support ground forces during the operations. Culmination of scenario will be landing troops from transport helicopters in the designated location near the airport.

--------------------
New version uploaded
Attachments
First Batt..rt, 2014.zip
(35.97 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Coiler12

RE: New Scenario for Testing: First Battle of Donetsk Airport

Post by Coiler12 »

Played it for a bit.

First, you should clear the message log, as I noticed elements from the scenario construction remaining. (Pressing CTRL-M does that).

Second, I noticed the Hinds were in maintenance. Was this deliberate?

Third, the scenario seemed just a little short.
ApolloW

RE: New Scenario for Testing: First Battle of Donetsk Airport

Post by ApolloW »

Thanks for advice.
About Hinds in maintenance: No, this is a vestige of older versions of scenario (already removed them).
As for scenario duration, unfortunately, I do not see ways how to make scenario more longer :( Real combat operation was also short on time.
ApolloW

Re: New Scenario for Testing: First Battle of Donetsk Airport

Post by ApolloW »

It's been a while.
The old scenario was made for CMANO, and now it doesn't work correctly after changes in the mechanics and the evolution of CMO.
So I made a new one for CMO version 1299.1 ( beta )
The idea of the new one is the same as before, but now there are more accurate representation of the event, more details and allied units, they do not play any role in the scenario, but represent the state of the front and the situation at that moment for more atmospheric gameplay, better understanding the background and to make it looks less boring.
Also, I added some kind of the hard mode, that spawns additional anti-air units to make it more challenging. Activates using special actions.
Attachments
First Battle of Donetsk Airport, 2014 v2.zip
(73.23 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”