Excited

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

wodin

Excited

Post by wodin »

Really excited about this game. VR Designs are heroes to me as they are actually doing something innovative..and it sounds superb.

I've posted about it several times on my Facebook page as it deserves to get noticed and I hope is a resounding success.

tombo

RE: Excited

Post by tombo »

..here here! what wodin said

Cant wait myself.

cheers and move quickly to release.
at least give more info
Jakse

Post by Jakse »

I'm looking forward to hearing back on the beta call. This game is a day 1 buy for sure. I've read a lot of Panzer Leader recently and the political aspect was so huge. I enjoyed the Prestige and firing system in Case Blue and can only imagine that it's gotten better. The report system is intriguing too. Imperfect information was a big part of early Barbarossa.
AZKGungHo

Post by AZKGungHo »

I've enjoyed his other games but want more information on this one before buying it. I'm not quite clear on how all this works out, but it does sound like a brave attempt to factor in all sorts of things that gamers usually avoid or don't have to deal with. This kind of approach could result in not just a more historical "feel" but a more historical outcome as well.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out.
"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.usmcraiders.com
discipleup.org
Gargoyl

Post by Gargoyl »

This will be an instant buy for me as well. Decisive Campaigns, imho, breathes new life into the traditional WW II board game system. Hope I get chosen for beta, but if not, I'll be avidly checking for the release date.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Its good personal motivation to read the comments here. To be honest I am quite excited about this new installment as well. Its been a pleasure to team-up and work with Cameron Harris and the resulting game is imho better than the previous installments and really quite revolutionary in many ways.

Furthermore I have understood there are more beta applicants than first wave initial tester slots. So please do not be to disappointed if you don't receive immediate access.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
GBS

Post by GBS »

This looks different and I will be following it closely.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Jakse

Post by Jakse »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Its good personal motivation to read the comments here. To be honest I am quite excited about this new installment as well. Its been a pleasure to team-up and work with Cameron Harris and the resulting game is imho better than the previous installments and really quite revolutionary in many ways.

Furthermore I have understood there are more beta applicants than first wave initial tester slots. So please do not be to disappointed if you don't receive immediate access.

Best wishes,
Vic

After two great games, I know many people who are excited. The hype train is real.
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

The game has to be awesome. The first two were excellent and the additions I have read about are only making me drool even more.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Best wishes,
Vic

So does this mean if someone has not received an invite by now that they did not make the first wave? Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi elmo3,

I understand there was a fair bit more interest than what Slitherine were expecting.

This is actually the second round of Beta testing but I'll see if I can find out what's happening.

Cheers,
Cameron
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Anton

This will be an instant buy for me as well. Decisive Campaigns, imho, breathes new life into the traditional WW II board game system. Hope I get chosen for beta, but if not, I'll be avidly checking for the release date.

Same for me. I love the other two Decisive Campaigns games and am really looking forward to this one. I've applied for the beta and hope to be chosen but if I'm not it won't dampen my enthusiasm for the game. [:)]

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
Chris Hampton

Post by Chris Hampton »

I've been following the development and this is one of my most anticipated games.
People who turn their swords into plowshares generally end up plowing for the people who kept their swords...

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”