[RESOLVED] Cannot get Lynx above 2000 feet when assigned a mission

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

LuckyJim1010

[RESOLVED] Cannot get Lynx above 2000 feet when assigned a mission

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

This is driving me nuts.
Playing Uncle Mark's Tutorial 1
I assign Nora#1 to a ASuW Patrol(Naval) as I want it to search for the SAG with it's Sea Spray
Mission is setup so that station altitude is set to 10K
When it gets on station it refuses to go above 2000 feet
If I remove it from the mission and give it a manual to 10K it goes up straight away
Reassign it to the mission and it drops like a stone to 2K again.
I thought it may be something to do with the default loadout but I have the mission set to 'Use Speed and Altitude override'
Here are the mission settings

Attachments
NoraMissi..Settings.jpg
NoraMissi..Settings.jpg (72.18 KiB) Viewed 40 times
Tomcat84

RE: Cannot get Lynx above 2000 feet when assigned a mission

Post by Tomcat84 »

Could you post the save game with this going on? I am unable to replicate it exactly when building my own mission.

One possible issue I see is that it seems your patrol area is only a single reference point? This might be the problem, because since a single point does not really define an area (like 4 points making a square would) it might not really consider itself to be on station but in transit, make sense?

So I would recommend: try adding three RPs to the patrol area (even if spaced closely to the other one) and seeing what happens

or

Try setting the transit altitude also to 10000?

Another thing: if all you want the helicopter to do is search with its radar (and not engage) maybe a Support mission is more appropriate so there is never any engagement logic activating but that's just a minor detail.

Let me know if this helps (and if not maybe post the save so we can look at and tinker with it too)
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
LuckyJim1010

Post by LuckyJim1010 »

Hi Tomcat
Yep the Support Mission is the way to go.
I knew it had to be the mission rules as it only happened if I assigned it to the ASuW mission type
I'm guessing there is some logic built into the mission type based on the aircraft type, load out and sensors maybe.
First time I have tried to place an non AEW type on an AEW type mission so just a small learning curve.
Thanks for the response.
ComDev

Post by ComDev »

Using Tomcat's advice should resolve the issue, with a single ref point there is no patrol area and so it uses the transit altitude.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

Return to “Tech Support”