Upgrade

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

bazjak

Upgrade

Post by bazjak »

Would be great if you could do what you did with the other titles and have an upgrade
Are there any plans
Reg

RE: Upgrade

Post by Reg »

If you are talking about a sale, you just missed it......

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Bazjak, if I get your question right, I think you are talking about upgrading the game, including graphics, etc. If this is right, I doubt there is going to be any, as the graphics and other chrome are not really at the core of the game and thus not really the driver for those of us who play it. This is a theater wide strategy game of incredible detail, thus its appeal. To upgrade that would really mean either to add more detail or divide the current detail into smaller units. Neither would be desirable as it would require far too much micromanagement of the game (which tends toward micromanagement in its current form, let alone in more detail). The game HAS undergone a number of facelifts and data refinement, where those data are honed into a more realistic reflection of the war. Yet the chrome has pretty much stayed the same. The last official update was released earlier this year. Thus for a relatively "old" game, it is amazingly up to date and cared for by Matrix but some aspects do show "age". Hal
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

The various mods out there do "upgrade" the game in a way, especially the DaBabes mods.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Also there is a lot of alternate maps created by players and an extended map system you can find at the DaBabes site which modifies some of the off-map travel and a few other things such as reworking the Solomon Islands a bit (i.e. separating Shortlands from Buin).

Flying Tiger

Post by Flying Tiger »

WitP AE IS an upgrade!

The game started as PacWar (I know, a totally different game, but certainly the 'grandfather' of this effort), then Uncommon Valor, then WitP, then AE...

so I doubt another upgrade will arrive in a hurry. But....if we all hint often enough someone might eventually decide to do a rewrite :). removing some of the excessive mouse clicking, and some of the unnecessary tasks (like manually adding pilots to squadrons :( ). and updating art, maps, etc.

Matrix, the fact that this forum still gets us online (albeit less frequently) shows the core of the game is great. how about dropping some hints that a revision/modernisation is on the way.....???
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I like managing the training of each individual pilot. Please don't "fix" that, Matrix. Maybe you could add a preference button for those who wish to speak in the higher octaves.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”