DW - Starfall Ver 1.12

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Aerial

RE: [WIP] DW - Starfall - version 1.01

Post by Aerial »

Thanks for the new link.

I didn't want to say anything in case I was just failing to install that properly, but I can't seem to switch my game over to Starfall.

I keep getting this:
Could not load required image: Distant worlds universe/images/ui/components/Component_256.bmp

And I am using 1.05, with the components file overwritten with the new one.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

Not sure why it's giving errors since the mod doesn't use the images anymore.

Here are the files...

You will need to delete the components folder inside my mod. And replace with this folder which contains all the bmp images. It basically has all component images from 0 to 287. That should fix it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2o85m ... ts_bmp.rar
Hanekem

Post by Hanekem »

I tried 1.06 and got another error, this time with the galaxy_backdrop.jpg, can't find it or open it. the error message is not very clear.
Aerial

Post by Aerial »

ORIGINAL: fierceking

Here are the files...

You will need to delete the components folder inside my mod. And replace with this folder which contains all the bmp images. It basically has all component images from 0 to 287. That should fix it
It sat there loading the new theme for a full minute again and I thought it was going to give me the same error message, but it successfully switched to Starfall.
Thanks for the help, fierce.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: Aerial

Here are the files...

It sat there loading the new theme for a full minute again and I thought it was going to give me the same error message, but it successfully switched to Starfall.
Thanks for the help, fierce.
Good to hear that it finally works I think
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: Hanekem

I tried 1.06 and got another error, this time with the galaxy_backdrop.jpg, can't find it or open it. the error message is not very clear.
Can you check the galaxy backdrop folder and see if there are 3 images in there?

C:\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\DW - Starfall\images\environment\galaxybackdrops

You should see these 3 files

Hanekem

Post by Hanekem »

I have them, not sure what is the problem
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

Not sure what the problem is. I never touched those images.

Try switching back to default mod and then back to my mod and see if that does anything.

then try...
Delete my mod, start the game and test if it runs the default game. Then if that is ok, reinstall my mod and check if you still get the error
Hanekem

Post by Hanekem »

Not sure what the problem is. I never touched those images.

Try switching back to default mod and then back to my mod and see if that does anything.

then try...
Delete my mod, start the game and test if it runs the default game. Then if that is ok, reinstall my mod and check if you still get the error

Yeah, going back to default and then selecting the mod did it, it probably was the strain of going from a mod to another. Thanks!
Unreal2004

Post by Unreal2004 »

Thanks for the 256 bug update and keeping this alive!!
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: Unreal2004

Thanks for the 256 bug update and keeping this alive!!
Hopefully that bug is gone and I can focus on improving the mod
Dudok22

Post by Dudok22 »

I am enjoying this mod playing as Clomidos. I love the 20 year cycle. I just have 1 problem: research costs were increased but I haven't realised that when I was setting up new game and I've set research costs to very high. Is there any way to change research cost modifier during the game?
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

Does this mod incorporate any of icemania's ai tweaks for better ai ship design and such? Having a zillion techs and options is nice but if the ai empires are still dense as a lead brick and can't utilize them then its kinda a waste especially if you have to manually design everything on the player side too.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

Does this mod incorporate any of icemania's ai tweaks for better ai ship design and such? Having a zillion techs and options is nice but if the ai empires are still dense as a lead brick and can't utilize them then its kinda a waste especially if you have to manually design everything on the player side too.
Yea it has an improved AI.

It would have been pointless if my mod didn't have one. But Icemania's mod was too limited and was only focussed on 300 something techs so I had to build my own from scratch.

Took about 2-3 months since there was so many techs which brached off to different things and so many species with their different ship designs.

I would assume every other major mod had to build it's own improved AI unless they didn't change the tech tree much.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: Dudok22

I am enjoying this mod playing as Clomidos. I love the 20 year cycle. I just have 1 problem: research costs were increased but I haven't realised that when I was setting up new game and I've set research costs to very high. Is there any way to change research cost modifier during the game?
Good to hear that you're enjoying it.

You can't change research cost after the game has started. To lower it, you need to start a new game.
SirHoraceHarkness

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

ORIGINAL: SirHoraceHarkness

Yea it has an improved AI.

It would have been pointless if my mod didn't have one. But Icemania's mod was too limited and was only focussed on 300 something techs so I had to build my own from scratch.

Took about 2-3 months since there was so many techs which brached off to different things and so many species with their different ship designs.

I would assume every other major mod had to build it's own improved AI unless they didn't change the tech tree much.

Sweet. Downloading now.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
LandShepherd

Post by LandShepherd »

This mod still active? Tried to download but got an error message.
davidjruss

Post by davidjruss »

Download v1.06 shown in Post 1 is missing. Mediafile reports download invalid or withdrawn.

Will the download be reinstated?

DavidR
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

I deleted the link because I was about to upload a new version.

I delayed it because I made a lot of changes and I had to fix a few things.

I guess I should have left the link up. I don't have that version anymore so if someone else wants to upload it then that's fine. Or just wait for the next update.
zenfiero

Post by zenfiero »

I would love to check out this mod, but as mentioned all the download links are down. Assuming there is no other hosted location, I will eagerly await the new update!

Return to “Design and Modding”