Game Ending Bug During Conquest Phase

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

Game Ending Bug During Conquest Phase

Post by rkr1958 »

Well, I have made it (almost) through the end of turn 37 (Sep/Oct 1945) in this game. I've got what I believe to be a game ending bug happening during the conquest phase. I see no workaround. I'm currently running MWiF version 1.4.5.

I did email the bug report when the program crashed.

Attachments
37GameEn..Conquest.jpg
37GameEn..Conquest.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 55 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: Game Ending Bug During Conquest Phase

Post by rkr1958 »

Here's the game turn.

By the way, I will (re)upgrade to the public beta 2.0.1.0 and see if I still get this bug. I'll let you know the results.
Attachments
GameEnding..015MAY12.zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

Here's the game turn.

By the way, I will (re)upgrade to the public beta 2.0.1.0 and see if I still get this bug. I'll let you know the results.
I just noticed that there's a bug in 2.0.1.0 where oil isn't being saved. I think I'll stay with version 1.4.5 until there's a fix for that and hopefully for the VERY ... LONG ... supply calculation times for the game I posted in another thread. [:(]
Ronnie
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

This game seems to do a couple of things wrong regarding the conquest of Germany. After this, it goes into an unending loop.
Peter
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

I tried playing the turn that I attached in post 2 above in the latest public beta version 2.0.2.3. While I no longer get a madexception the game during the conquest phase seems to go in an infinite loop. I waited 10-minutes before killing the process.

So, the bug I reported previously still seems to be in the latest public beta version 2.0.2.3?
Ronnie
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Surely a very subtle hint that when Germany is conquered, Allies achieved Automatic Victory!
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Cohen

Surely a very subtle hint that when Germany is conquered, Allies achieved Automatic Victory!
[:D]
Ronnie
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I used your saved game to fix several bugs in the Complete Conquest of Germany.

What is unusual about your game is that Vichy exists and no major power is at war with Vichy.

In addition, France is not at war with Italy. So, when Germany is completely conquered, France becomes neutral! That creates all kinds of trouble for the Allied units in France since they have to leave France proper (its home country). I've got most of code working for this odd condition except for flying the Allied air units out of France - still a fatal bug. You see, air units are not permitted to fly over hexes controlled by a neutral, so the code is both demanding that they rebase out of France but other code is prohibiting them from even leaving the hex in which they start.

This has fallen to lower priority for me but I'll try to get to it later this month.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I used your saved game to fix several bugs in the Complete Conquest of Germany.

What is unusual about your game is that Vichy exists and no major power is at war with Vichy.

In addition, France is not at war with Italy. So, when Germany is completely conquered, France becomes neutral! That creates all kinds of trouble for the Allied units in France since they have to leave France proper (its home country). I've got most of code working for this odd condition except for flying the Allied air units out of France - still a fatal bug. You see, air units are not permitted to fly over hexes controlled by a neutral, so the code is both demanding that they rebase out of France but other code is prohibiting them from even leaving the hex in which they start.

This has fallen to lower priority for me but I'll try to get to it later this month.
Understand. Given that I'm a new (M)WiF player and I'm playing these games solo, I'm see to be getting myself into a lot of unorthodox situations.
Ronnie

Return to “Tech Support”