Query on Device Upgrade Path Change Mid-Game

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

witpqs

Query on Device Upgrade Path Change Mid-Game

Post by witpqs »

In my PBM we've run into an error with one squad device. The USA Para '44 Squad should have no upgrade path (I guess a '0' in that field), but instead it upgrades to device '1119', which is a USA Amphibious Support Squad. It's obviously an error, and we're trying to see if we can patch it mid-game.

We modified the upgrade field of the para '44 squad to '0' (instead of '1119') and loaded the new device file on both sides. The Japanese player got the message about upgrading and accepted the upgrade, and the Allied player got the notification message. But the USA Para '44 squad still shows as upgrading to the amphib support rather than no upgrade. I know that, in general, devices can be changed/fixed updated mid-game, so my question is this:

Is the upgrade path of a device able to be updated mid-game, or are the upgrade paths fixed once the game starts?

BTW, we started our game almost 4 years ago so the scenario (Babes 28-C) has almost certainly been corrected already but I will check.
witpqs

RE: Query on Device Upgrade Path Change Mid-Game

Post by witpqs »

Bump.
DConn

Post by DConn »

Had the same problem with DBB-B; had to get michaelm to fix the save file. For details, see this thread: tm.asp?m=3827979&mpage=1&key=&#3827979
--Dave Conn
Currently defending the free world against montesaurus, DBB-B, Scen. 28
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Thanks!
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

I am on version 14 of this scenario and the squad upgrades to itself, so your scenario version must be an earlier one.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I am on version 14 of this scenario and the squad upgrades to itself, so your scenario version must be an earlier one.
Oh, yes - we started in November 2011! [:D]

Return to “Tech Support”