Prosecution Zone/No-Navigation Zone

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

MorningDew

Prosecution Zone/No-Navigation Zone

Post by MorningDew »

It seems that air units on patrol will not engage, even with standoff weapons, enemy air units in no-navigation zones.

It seems like they should engage, just not navigate into the zone.

Specifically, I put a no-navigation zone around a known SAM near an airbase, and the no-navigation zone is inside a prosecution zone. Unfortunately, now my air units wait until the enemy air units leave the no-navigation zone to attack despite having weapons that let them stay 35 miles outside the no-navigation zone.

Is this intended? If so, no-navigation might not be the right name.
mikmykWS

RE: Prosecution Zone/No-Navigation Zone

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi

No navigate zones are to keep your own units from firing or going into an area.

Exclusions zones are to define a different posture of any unit moving into them. Typically they're used for no fly zones (unit flies into them gets classified as hostile).

Sounds like you want to use a combo of both?

Mike
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

>> No navigate zones are to keep your own units from firing or going into an area.

I assumed it was only the "go into" the area.

There is probably a better way to do what I am I trying, but I am trying to use a mission to gain air superiority, but tell my AAW units to avoid going within range of a single SAM battery that is the middle of the area (on an island).

Perhaps one interesting addition would be to allow the no navigation zone to be designated as "don't fire", "don't go into to" or both?

SeaQueen

Post by SeaQueen »

I agree, that would be very useful, because it would eliminate the need to micro-manage SEAD missions against fixed SAM sites. Maybe there could be an option to make a "no navigate" zone also a "no engage" zone?

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Hi

No navigate zones are to keep your own units from firing or going into an area.

Exclusions zones are to define a different posture of any unit moving into them. Typically they're used for no fly zones (unit flies into them gets classified as hostile).

Sounds like you want to use a combo of both?

Mike
Helderik

Post by Helderik »

+1 to this being very useful!

I have been struggling with this also and assumed that firing in the no-navigation zone was allowed before I learned that this was not the case.

Would be even better if you could create 'circular areas' under the right mouse button like rectangular shapes, but that's 'nice-to-have'...

Erik

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”