More detailed after action reports ?

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

scottb613

More detailed after action reports ?

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Would there be anyway to provide a more detailed after action report - right now it only shows kills and weapons expended - would like to see hits and damages as well - of possible...

Regards,
Scott
mikmykWS

RE: More detailed after action reports ?

Post by mikmykWS »

Have you tried viewing the log? The game does write one and you can print it to file. Go to the Game drop down and select Message log.

Manual bit on this below:
6.1.10. MESSAGE LOG
Selecting this menu item presents the message log options clear
and print to file.
Clear: This function clears the currently selected side’s message
log. This is useful for scenario editors to clear any messages that
appeared during editing (God’s Eye View Mode).

Message Log:
This function writes the contents of your message log
to the AALog.Txt file your Command directory. This is good for after
action analysis of the game mechanics.
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding...

I've tried that before - if I recall - the resulting log is filtered the same way you have it set for the in game log - since I like to try to be as realistic as possible - I never leave information on the die rolls or outcomes in the log files - as they detract from the immersion factor for me... I'll double check my recollection though...

Ideally - trolling through hundreds of lines of text isn't very enjoyable - even though I am an IT guy...
:)

I was just thinking it would be nice to see in the AAR - 1 of my missiles did actually hit and knocked out the radar on the cruiser - even though it didn't sink it... As it stands now - if it wasn't totally destroyed - I have no idea if I even hit it...

As always - just a thought - feel free to take it or leave it as you see fit...

Regards,
Scott
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: scottb613

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding...

I've tried that before - if I recall - the resulting log is filtered the same way you have it set for the in game log - since I like to try to be as realistic as possible - I never leave information on the die rolls or outcomes in the log files - as they detract from the immersion factor for me... I'll double check my recollection though...

Ideally - trolling through hundreds of lines of text isn't very enjoyable - even though I am an IT guy...
:)

I'm an IT guy too. This being said I watch the guy mowing the ball field across from my office with utter envy.[;)]

Ok will add your request to our list. Was hoping the logs would help.

I was just thinking it would be nice to see in the AAR - 1 of my missiles did actually hit and knocked out the radar on the cruiser - even though it didn't sink it... As it stands now - if it wasn't totally destroyed - I have no idea if I even hit it...

As always - just a thought - feel free to take it or leave it as you see fit...

Regards,
Scott

Will do. Thanks.

Mike
scottb613

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Mike,

I've DREAMED of being a Forrest Ranger sitting in one of those towers on top of a mountain somewhere - looking for smoke all day - for more than 20 years - - - WAY less stressful !
[:)]

Regards,
Scott
snowburn

Post by snowburn »

I made a similar request a time ago :)
7 AIM-120 Amraam fired
2 hit
1 spoofed by ECM
2 spoofed by Chaff Cloud
2 evaded

5 HARM fired
3 hit
2 miss (average miss distance: 8 meters)

F/A-18 Hornet (pilot callsign) destroyed by AA-11 from SU-27 (enemy pilot callsign)
A-7 Corsair II (pilot callsign 2) destroyed by V-860/5V21 from SA-5 Gammon (vehicle callsing)

Nimitz (USS Ronald Reagan) Damaged (77%)
1 SS-N-22 fired by SU-33 (enemy pilot callsign)
2 FAB-500 dropped by SU-27 (enemy pilot callsign)

Most AA Kills: F-14 (pilot callsign) with 3 air victories (2xSU-27, 1xMIG-31)
Most Ground Kills: SU-27 (enemy pilot callsign) with 8 units destroyed (350DP delivered)

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”