PBEM Helper

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

FelixCulpa

PBEM Helper

Post by FelixCulpa »

I also play Battlefront's Combat Mission CMx2-3 series of games. One of the players developed a PBEM Helper. When you played a turn it would transfer the file to a shared (with your opponent) Dropbox account. If your opponent has the PBEM Helper running it would then transfer the file to his game and give an indication via the panel on the bottom right of the desktop. This utility placed the transferred file in the correct locations, so all you have to do if fire up the game and the turn is waiting for you.
Is there a version of this for WiTE?
thx
FelixCulpa

RE: PBEM Helper

Post by FelixCulpa »

Found Slitherine PBEM ++ Helper
Downloaded and executed.
I see a small icon.
What does it do? Any documentation?
Does this work on Win8.1 and 10?
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

This is the first I've heard of a helper, and I've been around a long time.

Since there is a hosted-server option, this in effect does the exact same thing: It saves your game, and forwards it to the other player when you click "End Turn" as well as sending him a message that his turn is ready.

PS: I'd love to play Combat Mission 2 (Battle for Normandy). Send me a PM if you want to show me how it's done. I own the game already, but I only have the basic version.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The tray tool is there to tell you when you have turns available to play on the PBEM++ server.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “The War Room”