number on front of counter

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

USSLockwood

number on front of counter

Post by USSLockwood »

All combat units have a number printed below the NATO
unit type/type silhouette. The manual does not indicate
what this number means. I assume it is combat power. Is
that correct?
Dave
San Diego
Home of the World's Busiest Radar Approach Control
Vic

RE: number on front of counter

Post by Vic »

Yes it is indeed an abstract measure of strength to give you a vague idea of how much power the unit wields.

But remember it is a bit vague. For example Romanian Infantry counts as 1 power point and SS Infantry as well. While the SS infantry will probably perform at least twice as well.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
USSLockwood

Post by USSLockwood »

Thank you Vic!
Dave
San Diego
Home of the World's Busiest Radar Approach Control
Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

Yesterday my German troops attacked 2 russian units and failed... I then saw that the figures on the ennemy counters increased in value. Why ? Where they stronger than my reconnaissance made me believe before the combat ? Or did they somehow improve (maybe through experience or moral) after the combat ?
jimkehn

Post by jimkehn »

Romain I think (new to the game here), that you have incomplete intel before the battle and a much better sense of the strength of the enemy afterward....I have done the same thing.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”