[SOLVED] No automatic ship/station upgrades

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Mansen

[SOLVED] No automatic ship/station upgrades

Post by Mansen »

Right so I am getting back into the game - Quickly downloaded and merged my usual mods (Extended races and some interface and visuals only), and I quickly noticed that the game doesn't actually attempt to upgrade the default ship designs at all.

No solar collectors, no basic jumpdrives or anything.

Now admittedly it's been a while since I modded the game, but is this because of lacking ship design files in the race's folder? Or is there something else up?

Worst case, I'll just have to design my own ships from scratch - But I do worry about the AI being stuck with pre-warp designs.[8|]
Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)
SirHoraceHarkness

RE: No automatic ship upgrades (Extended Races)

Post by SirHoraceHarkness »

Which specific mods are you using and in what order did you merge them? If it's been awhile since you played it's possible the mods you used to use might not be compatible with the newest patch builds.
Intel i9 11900k all core oc@5.3 - 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 DDR4 CL16 - EVGA RTX 3090 24gb FTW3 Ultra - MSI Z490 A-PRO Mobo
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

Like I said - The only mod I use that alters gameplay is the Extended Races mod. Everything is purely interface and visual image replacements.

And as for Extended - I grabbed the newest version fresh a few days ago from its thread.
Currently Working On:
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

It doesn't work in Vanilla either. I start a new game and rush for energy collectors - When it finishes I am given the chance to upgrade all of my stations for 0 credits.

Or in other words - No upgrade at all.
Currently Working On:
PsyKoSnake

Post by PsyKoSnake »

Do you have in the game option:

1-Automated research, automated whip design.

Do you have in the game design menu.
2-All ship with automatic design and automatic retrofit.

I am almost sure you choose your research yourself, thats why it dont work. To long to explain if you dont know that already.
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

Manual research has never prevented automatic ship upgrades...

It fixed itself after a few re-installs and purging of the game files. [&:]
Currently Working On:
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

A few relevant settings:

Manual research. The AI creates no designs. Can be applied to certain classes of ships only.

Automatic retrofit: Will the ship be retrofitted if in a fleet which gets "retrofit" order, for instance. With this off, it won't.

Automatic/suggest on Construction: You get retrofit prompt or retrofits happen automatically.

If you do manual research, you would have to provide the designs in some way, possibly by loading a bunch of them or something like that.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Does Suggest on Construction make the prompts come up for retrofits? I don't get those any more..

I also notice when I make new designs for the private sector they either take forever to retrofit to the new design or never retrofit..

I guess I could scrap them and rebuild but that's kinda annoying..
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Yes, the retrofit suggestion should be linked to having suggest on construction.

The civilians manage their own stuff, they decide when they find it beneficial to retrofit.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”