How do I start...

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
oaltinyay

How do I start...

Post by oaltinyay »

Hi everyone

I bought this game just yesterday. I have 30+ years of computer and board wargaming experience. I need help to get into a PBEM game as soon as possible. Which scenarios give me the best hands on experience ? Etc...Are there any helper tools for this alla Witp:Ae

many thx in advance
loki100

RE: How do I start...

Post by loki100 »

Hi

I'd strongly suggest read the 4 AARs that are linked to in the AAR section. Ok they refer to RuS not RuS Gold but the fundamentals apply and its stuff like supply, raising troops, forming divisions etc that can trip people up.

The Finnish scenario is small but pretty one sided. So useful to learn about how to form and move stacks etc, but its either near impossible (as the Reds) or pretty easy (as the Finnish white forces).

In the main scenario, most people recommend starting with the Southern Whites. You have a pretty decent core army, less terrain to worry over so its a bit easier to get into the game. For the Reds, as a first go, start with the later campaign scenario, survival over the opening phase is a bit of a challenge till you grasp recruitment et al.

You may also find the AGEOD RuS forum a bit more active, so prob better to post questions there

Return to “Revolution Under Siege Gold”