Converting Multi-Role units back to On-map units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Harrybanana

Converting Multi-Role units back to On-map units

Post by Harrybanana »

Rule 7.6 details how to convert Multi-Role units into Support Units but, as far as I can tell, not how to convert them back to on-map units. It details the requirements of being able to convert back to an on map unit, but not how to actually accomplish this. So can anyone help me out with this?
Robert Harris
Q-Ball

RE: Converting Multi-Role units back to On-map units

Post by Q-Ball »

It's pretty easy.

First, you must get all the "pieces" into one unit; an HQ probably, though if they're all assigned to a combat unit that works too

Once that happens, if you open one component, you'll see a button for it...can't remember the name, but it's there, right below where you would click "supply details"

IMO, once the Allies invade France, you need as many on-map units as you can to cover territory. It makes sense to use Armored Bdes as SUs when you have stacking issues in a small beachhead, but once that's done you're better off using on-map units. Those Arm Bdes can always join via RESERVE, and that allows you to assign new SUs from the mountain of Allied SUs you get anyway
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I much prefer the SU's to be on the map. There are enough engineers etc...to fill the front line units. I like the tank brigades in Italy because mountain units have such poor AT capability. I like to hit them with mass tank brigades and watch them bleed. After you invade France you transfer them there.

I am also noticing that southern france is a nightmare for the allies. Thank god I am on the giving end of that (sorry DicedT!) There is just way too much open terrain and not enough units..and the Germans have about 11 mobile brigades themselves. The faster you can take all that empty space the better.

Oh...if you have all three pieces together in the same unit, you click Multi-Role (/3) and the pieces will combine and pop out on top of the HQ with 1 mp. If there isn't room in the hex, then you wont be able to do it.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

Thank you both, with your help I was able to figure it out.
Robert Harris

Return to “The War Room”