Bought it on Steam

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
wake

Bought it on Steam

Post by wake »

I saw that the campaigns version of this game had been released and so, even though this is not my main interest in military history, I picked it up on Steam. All I have to say is... WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS! I am really enjoying all aspects of this very much. In a way I guess it is good I waited because with the additions of the campaigns, all the content now available and the general improvements and fixes I feel like I am perfectly set for all this has to offer for a long time to come (and editors to boot). So 1 comment and 1 question...
Comment: I sincerely hope you do a "Muskets and Sabers" (or whatever) focused on the Napoleonic period.
Question: For the Devs - if you don't mind me asking, what language and development environment did you use to produce this game?
rbodleyscott

RE: Bought it on Steam

Post by rbodleyscott »

The game is developed using the Slitherine STUB engine and scripted in CScript.
tgb

RE: Bought it on Steam

Post by tgb »

What wake said. I'm glad I got the whole package at once, but even though I still haven't finished the tutorials I'm having a blast. This may end up being my personal WotY.

Return to “Pike & Shot Series”