DWU windows 10 issues

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

belwin

DWU windows 10 issues

Post by belwin »

So I recently did a clean install of Windows 10, and now after about 5 minutes ingame I constantly an out of memory error (which apparently I am not allowed to post in this message). I have 12GB of RAM on a 64-bit OS, and had no issues before upgrading to Windows 10. Any attempt to run the game as an Admin just leads to nothing loading from the autorun.exe, and compatibility mode makes the game crash after loading. I have installed everything I needed from the _CommonRedist folder so I am at a loss as to what to do.
belwin

RE: DWU windows 10 issues

Post by belwin »

Figure'd I should update this as I am now able to get a picture of the error file uploaded. This is the error I get after 5-10 minutes no matter what I have tried.
Attachments
DWUerror.jpg
DWUerror.jpg (79.09 KiB) Viewed 205 times
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Are you using any mod?
belwin

Post by belwin »

I had been using the Extended AI mod at first, but it was throwing this error on a clean install as well.
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Just a FYI.
Running DWU 1.9.5.12 under Win10 64bit. 16GB RAM, Steam install, with zero issues so far. Default Game, and then the Mods, Beyond Extended a.62, Research Unleashed 2.01, Starfall, were the three I tested.
belwin

Post by belwin »

What kind of video card/s do you have? Maybe it's my SLI setup causing issues or something.

EDIT: nevermind, i still get the same memory crash even without SLI.
JasmoVT

Post by JasmoVT »

I disabled movies in the start.ini and now it launches fine.
belwin

Post by belwin »

The game will launch for me, just doesn't stay running for any length of time. At this point I assume it's a driver issue, since I've read reports that some Nvidia drivers are incorrectly reading the amount of available memory.
JasmoVT

Post by JasmoVT »

hmmm. I played for four hours after disabling videos and it worked fine. I have the new Nvidia driver in a laptop.
belwin

Post by belwin »

New drivers haven't fixed anything for me. Not much I more I can do at this point but wait I suppose.
rjord2021

Post by rjord2021 »

You could also go to the exe file for distant worlds,right click and properties and change compatibility to windows 8....see if that helps.

Personally I have no issues running under win 10 64 bit but different hardware different results i guess

Roy
ewoku

Post by ewoku »

Hi Roy, I've done what you've suggested as well and set the exe to windows 8 compatibility. I'll post the crash dump if I get one again.
ewoku

Post by ewoku »

Setting compatibility mode to windows 7 has greatly helped game stability.

Return to “Tech Support”