Planet Destroyers

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tehlongone

Planet Destroyers

Post by Tehlongone »

Does anyone know which part of the files to edit to change them? I'm guessing components.txt but I can't figure out which line.

I don't really like the possibility of planets getting permanently removed from the game so I figured I'd change the planet destroyers to have something like 20000 bombard value instead.

If that is possible?
HerpInYourDerp

RE: Planet Destroyers

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

It should be the 'super laser' component. IIRC, any weapon with base damage 30,000(?) or higher is hardcoded to be able to blow up planets and reducing it to 29,999 (or 10,000 etc) should disable that. The bombardment damage number should be the last one in that block - it's usually zero for most weapons so just compare it with other weapons if you can't see it right away.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

The game gives you the graphic for Planet Destroyers,but unless I missed it somewhere I can't seem to find Planet Destroyer design template?
Make it so!
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Since the planet destroyers are part of the story line, they are hard-coded. The super weapons they carry are not though. At least I think those two statements to be true.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks for info.[;)]
Make it so!

Return to “Design and Modding”