[STEAM ERROR, NOT COMMAND] Game completely refuses to launch, provides no error message or logs

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Hillo

[STEAM ERROR, NOT COMMAND] Game completely refuses to launch, provides no error message or logs

Post by Hillo »

Hello,

I'm running the steam version of CMANO and have thus far been completely unable to launch the game in any way. The game launcher does boot up but attempting to run the game from the launcher or the .exe files in the game directory is impossible since nothing happens. Clicking again causes a single popup which says that "only one instance of the application is allowed". When checked through task manager, no instance of the game is running. No error messages besides the popup are given and the "Logs" folder in the game installation directory is empty. I haven't been able to start the game up even once, though I am able to access the game manual through the game launcher. The problem is most likely not directx-related since I have ran dxdiag and tried installing the prerequisites posted on this forum.

System specs are as follows:
-Windows 7
-gigabyte z87x
-i5 4670k
-R9 280
ComDev

RE: Game completely refuses to launch, provides no error message or logs

Post by ComDev »

Have you looked in the Windows event logs? Do they provide any clues?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
Hillo

Post by Hillo »

Haven't had to use the windows event logs before, so I wasn't entirely sure what to look for. I did find a message which could be related:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Command.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: Command
P4: Command
P5: Ȁঝ
P6: 200
P7: -1
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Hillo\AppData\Local\Temp\{e4244f87-48d8-4526-b568-5e01e168c79e}\appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Hillo\AppData\Local\Temp\Tab6868.tmp

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: c67bcd1f-41c8-11e5-b89c-94de80ae5c14
Report Status: 0
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi,

Sorry you're experiencing these issues but lets see if we can help. I've googled and this error does seem to have a history with steam although not our game specifically.

Ok first go into steam. Right click the game, go to properties, select the local file tab and then verify the integrity of the game cache. This should clear up any missing files etc. You may want to consider clearing all and reinstalling again as well.

If you still get the error please make sure you're using the most up to date video drivers.

Let me know how this goes. Thanks!

Mike

Hillo

Post by Hillo »

Updated my drivers, verified the game cache, then reinstalled. The same problem persists. If anything, I'd assume steam screwed up the first install of the game somehow.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Just googling abit but have you seen this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2851570
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Hmm lot of honestly nutty replies to similar issues. Seems pretty common with steam although that's probably due to them selling games [:)]

You've tried disabling your antivirus and starting correct?

What video card does your computer use?

You've tried to manually reinstall the prerequisites correct?

tm.asp?m=3913550
Hillo

Post by Hillo »

Tried everything suggested with no success. Unfortunately I'll have to seek a refund, since I'm not willing to spend more of my time on trying to fix this issue. No hard feelings and thanks for your time.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Real sorry about that. Cases like these are good examples where I wish I could walk over to your computer and take a look.

Mike
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Even considered checking to see if you could run a non-steam version? Maybe the issue is steam and not Command on you machine.
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

I get the same message - "only one instance of the application is allowed" - and I'm not using Steam.
Jakob Wedman

Post by Jakob Wedman »

ORIGINAL: Jakob Wedman

I get the same message - "only one instance of the application is allowed" - and I'm not using Steam.
I deleted the file "Instance" in the Temp folder and now it works.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

seems by accident you may have clicked on the exe (game shortcut) twice, as that's the error reported, glad you're sorted.

most problems with this error are but not all are, antivirus program or background apps, or a combo of both, first try get caught letting second one go through, then game kicks it out as it thinks that it's already running it, and it won't let 2 processes run at the same time and comes back with the given message.

best to try a clean gaming profile, one with as little as possible running in it,

Code: Select all

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/setting-up-a-user-profile-specifically-for-gaming/9e4f1230-63b9-476e-8cda-2f38c22f44db?auth=1

second add the game exe to any antivirus and other program installed on the pc, popup blocker, spyware app / program etc.

Google how to add exception to antivirus and instead of anti virus add your anti virus name in there as well, it will show you a how to on their web site, or should if it's a half descent one...

3rd, when a error happens, try event viewer and also look at task manager to see what or how many processes are running and see if any are dupes, the only one that normal has more than one in there is browsers like chrome.

4th final one, it's steam error, best bet is to try steam forum and support, as code given with error normal has a given page to visit for extra information, and most of the time we wont or might not know the code number, but can search for it if given or known for a answer to steam codes or steam errors.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ilzv-2837

5, thread does give another correct answer as well

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3967826

5, event viewer guide

http://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-explains-what-the-windows-event-viewer-is-and-how-you-can-use-it/

again sorry for your troubles and good luck with the game, i haven't got the game either, just do general help when on[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”