How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for causes religious, political or dynastic. The Thirty Years War raged across Germany and beyond, leaving devastation in its wake, but saw the rise of great commanders such as Count Tilly, Wallenstein and King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden, and rapid developments in battlefield tactics.
Surtur

How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

Post by Surtur »

Pike and Shot: Campaigns is a stand-alone release and includes all the content from the Pike and Shot base game and the Tercio to Salvo expansion. Any community scenarios you had installed for the previous Pike & Shot releases will have to be redownloaded for Pike & Shot Campaigns.

Owners of Pike and Shot get a 75% discount when upgrading to Pike and Shot : Campaigns. If you have a version from our site or an affiliated store you’ll have a serial. Your Pike and Shot serial will act as a discount code to give you 75% when applied to your shopping cart on the Slitherine or Matrix sites.

If you bought from Steam, all you need to do is go to the Steam page and your discount will be pre-applied. Please note the Steam discount is only valid until the 27th October so make sure you upgrade before then!

In addition, be aware that Pike & Shot: Campaigns is not multiplayer compatible with the previous Pike & Shot games. So if you have any PBEM++ games running from the previous Pike & Shot releases, then be sure not to uninstall your old game until these have been completed.
vaalen

RE: How to upgrade to Pike & Shot: Campaigns

Post by vaalen »

I have tried several times to upgrade. But even though I am using the serial number as a discount code, I get the red letters saying it is an invalid discount code. It appears that the discount code window is not large enough to hold the entire serial number, as it appears to be on digit short.

Please help, as I bought the previous game and expansion, and want this game, but with the discount.
Thanks
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: vaalen

I have tried several times to upgrade. But even though I am using the serial number as a discount code, I get the red letters saying it is an invalid discount code. It appears that the discount code window is not large enough to hold the entire serial number, as it appears to be on digit short.

Please help, as I bought the previous game and expansion, and want this game, but with the discount.
Thanks
I have just checked your Pike & Shot serial number and the store is accepting it as a valid discount coupon.
Please make sure you're not using the Tercio to Salvo serial number instead.

Also, make sure you type in the serial number in manually via the keyboard in the format of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and not to copy and paste the serial only you could be copying not only the serial number but the white spaces on either side of the serial number.

If it still fails try with another Internet browser.
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

I was copying and pasting the serial number. I will try to do it manually, as you suggested.

Thanks for the help!
rbodleyscott

Post by rbodleyscott »

In addition, be aware that Pike & Shot: Campaigns is not multiplayer compatible with the previous Pike & Shot games. So if you have any PBEM++ games running from the previous Pike & Shot releases, then be sure not to uninstall your old game until these have been completed.

And if you want to continue to play Pike & Shot MP games cross-platform vs iPad users, keep both versions on your PC and use Pike & Shot to play MP vs iPad users (and PC users with Pike & Shot), and Pike & Shot: Campaigns to play MP vs PC users who have Pike & Shot: Campaigns.
Surtur

Post by Surtur »

ORIGINAL: vaalen

I was copying and pasting the serial number. I will try to do it manually, as you suggested.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Vaalen, did you manage to get it working? If not, please contact support and they will help you out.

- Surtur
joebloggs

Post by joebloggs »

Hi,
When applying my code I don't appear to be getting a 75% discount, more like 52% for the boxed copy.

£34.99 - £18.28 discount

Is this an error?

I have both the base game and expansion boxed version purchased from Matrix site.

Thanks
No plan surives contact with the next turn button.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: joebloggs

Hi,
When applying my code I don't appear to be getting a 75% discount, more like 52% for the boxed copy.

£34.99 - £18.28 discount

Is this an error?

I have both the base game and expansion boxed version purchased from Matrix site.

Thanks
That's correct. The 75% percentage (US$27) is always calculated over the digital edition. If you want a box edition then it will cost more US$15.
These US$15 are for covering the printed manual, disk and the case.
joebloggs

Post by joebloggs »

Ok, Thanks.
Wasn't clear it was D/L only, unless I missed this information. I prefer boxed editions.

"If you have a version from our site or an affiliated store you’ll have a serial. Your Pike and Shot serial will act as a discount code to give you 75% when applied to your shopping cart on the Slitherine or Matrix sites".

"Pike & Shot: Campaigns is now available. This new stand-alone release includes all of the content of Pike & Shot and Tercio to Salvo, as well as a host of new features, and all of that for the same great price"!

Will probably give it a miss as I only play casually, not online. It is a good game but feel a bit conned that after paying for the recent expansion people who have only the base game are getting it basically for free when they upgrade to the new version. [&:] If I had only waited. [:D]

Going to start holding off buying expansions.

Thanks for the reply.

vaalen

Post by vaalen »

Hi, Surtur. I did get it to work by typing in the code.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: joebloggs

Ok, Thanks.
Wasn't clear it was D/L only, unless I missed this information. I prefer boxed editions.

"If you have a version from our site or an affiliated store you’ll have a serial. Your Pike and Shot serial will act as a discount code to give you 75% when applied to your shopping cart on the Slitherine or Matrix sites".

"Pike & Shot: Campaigns is now available. This new stand-alone release includes all of the content of Pike & Shot and Tercio to Salvo, as well as a host of new features, and all of that for the same great price"!

Will probably give it a miss as I only play casually, not online. It is a good game but feel a bit conned that after paying for the recent expansion people who have only the base game are getting it basically for free when they upgrade to the new version. [&:] If I had only waited. [:D]

Going to start holding off buying expansions.

Thanks for the reply.
This was a one-time switch because of issues of not being able to update the iPad version of the original game.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
joebloggs

Post by joebloggs »

Hi Pip,

"This was a one-time switch"

Not really sure what that means. I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway as I'll stick with what I already have.

Cheers

Return to “Pike & Shot Series”