Old Timers

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

fogger

Old Timers

Post by fogger »

Does anybody know what happened to Daniel McBride? I was just on the Rugged Defense website and looking at all the games he had planned back in 2008.
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
Sensei.Tokugawa

RE: Old Timers

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Lost interest in all the projects round 2010 and ceased to respond. Even Pavel (Volyov I think IIRC) who was ( supposed to ) revising the map for an update to Drang Nach Osten 1941 didn't visit any more and became unreachable or just unresponsive to my best knowledge.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Sad to hear that. I would love a big WW1-scenario adapted to the final patch, but well...
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

When we announced the call for scenarios for TOAW IV a while ago, I emailed most of the designers including Daniel. He replied that he wished us success but would prefer to be removed from the mailing list.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

It is very sad that Daniel McBride does not want anything to do with TOAW these days. There was a awful lot of silliness that surrounded his scenarios and some of it got quite nasty.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”