Germania vs 3 AI (completed)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and bitter defeats here.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

Germania vs 3 AI (completed)

Post by Tac2i »

Victory - War lasted from May 1938 to Feb 1942
I created a Random Game using below settings. My regime is Germania and moves last. Unfortunately for me, all 3 AI declared war on me the first turn. Going to be a very tough war! See this screenshot (July 01, 1938) for situation after 2 turns.

World Size: Large
Players: 4
World Type: Land
Map loop
Stone Age
Depleted Land
Continent Size: Normal
Humidity: Normal
Climate: Full Range
Geological Age: Normal

Note: When viewing screenshots, click on them to enlarge.

February 1942: Victory!
Oct 1941: West Front
Oct 1941: East Front
Sep 1941: West Front
Sep 1941: East Front
Aug 1941: West Front
Aug 1941: East Front
Jul 1941: West Front
Jul 1941: East Front
Jun 1941: West Front
Jun 1941: East Front
May 1941: War now three years in duration...
Apr 1941: Last Nippon city captured
Mar 1941: New front opening vs Baghdad
Feb 1941: Emirate of Baghdad declares war on Nippon
Jan 1941: Nippon down to one city...
Dec 1940: I need more oil...
Nov 1940: French capital falls to 2nd Corps Assault
Oct 1940: Armored divisions reach outskirts of Toulouse...
Sep 1940: Surging forward... Nippon near its end.
Aug 1940: French and Arab Armies still strong, Nippon fading...
Jul 1940: On the road to victory...
Jun 1940: French army in danger of annihilation
May 1940: Supply cut to French offensive army
Apr 1940: French offensive running out of steam
Mar 1940: French offensive continues
Feb 1940: Enemies are weakened but still dangerous
Jan 1940: Pressing forward but French launch offensive
Dec 1939: Initiative seized on all fronts
Nov 1939: Nippon capital falls!
Oct 1939: the struggle continues...
Sep 1939: the struggle continues...
Aug 1939: the struggle continues...
Jul 1939: the struggle continues...
Jun 1939: the struggle continues...
May 1939: War one year old
Apr 1939: Attack - Counter Attack
Mar 1939: Attack - Counter Attack
Feb 1939: Countering Attacking - AI Pushing
Jan 1939: Countering Attacking - Growing Stronger
Dec 1938: Countering Attacking (researched Tank)
Nov 1938: Partially Stabilized/AI Pushing (researched MG III)
Oct 1938: Partially Stabilized/AI Pushing
Sep 1938: Situation critical on multiple fronts
Aug 1938: Situation growing worse
Last edited by Tac2i on Mon May 30, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
major.pain

RE: Germania vs 3 AI

Post by major.pain »

Are the 3 AI allied against you??
Are you using Lancers EMS mod??
If yes to both your either brave or crazy lol :)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

The AI are not allied and I'm not using the EMS mod. That said, still gonna be a very difficult struggle.
ORIGINAL: M J R

Are the 3 AI allied against you??
Are you using Lancers EMS mod??
If yes to both your either brave or crazy lol :)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
henri51

Post by henri51 »

Looking forward to how you make out. I am particularly interested in how you are going to organize your defenses. Against a single AI with TOE, I got clobbered 3 times in a row, so I would rather not guess what would have happened against 3 AI enemies...Good luck.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

One year into the war vs 3 AI and I believe I have things relatively stabilized. The Nippon is pressing hard in one location and the French in another but so far things are manageable. I lost 2 cities. One I recaptured immediately while the other took several turns to build up the combat power to get it back. I don't usually lose any cities but then I don't usually have 3 AI attacking me on the first turn. I've captured one AI city and one AI oil field.

First thing I did at the start was import my STD TO&E template and began applying that to my infantry divisions and HQs. I created several new HQs immediately to provide coverage for the multiple fronts the AI were advancing on. I did not have the PPs to include officers with all of them. A few turns later I added officers to those HQs without one. On the very first turn I upgraded my MGs to level 2. A few turns later I researched Level III MGs. Turn 2 or 3 I researched AT Guns and Armored Cars. About mid-year I researched tanks and over a short period of turns researched tank upgrades (anti-tank, anti-infantry and increased mobility). So far I've built one tank factory. Next up is a gun factory. Currently I'm producing the "Hund" light tank and some armored cars. Initially I had to use my city production for armored cars and AT Guns. Still using my cities to produce a few AT guns. Factories will allow me to use my cities for more infantry, supply and PP production. Eventually, as I capture AI cities, I'll increasingly use them for PPs production.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

You certainly look like you have things contained well done sir.
Are you not being bombed very much or have you got AA spread through out your lines as a deterrent ??
I usually find i need to have a few squadrons of fighters based near the front to be kind of safe ish and some bombers to stop the mass stacks of enemy artillery :)
Saying that though you dont look like you have spare oil for any attempt at air superiority.
henri51

Post by henri51 »

so far so good. The large bodies of water helps you vs enemy infiltrations. You have an opportunity to cut off a huge amount of green enemies in the SW, where the group with lots of artillery depend for supplies on a road one hex away from your unit.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

News Flash: The Nippon capital has fallen to our victorious forces!
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

New Flash: December 1939 -Tokyo Front broken wide open! 4th, 6th and 1st Corps leading the charge

Attachments
TokyoFront1239.jpg
TokyoFront1239.jpg (475.33 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

A couple of my officers:

Attachments
officers.jpg
officers.jpg (283.6 KiB) Viewed 554 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Sitrep as of March 1940: A French offensive towards my capital of Berlin has come within 5 hexes. Must put a stop to it! Sacked the 8th Corps commander and brought up FM Erich Heinrici from 1st Corps. Overall things are going pretty well, especially against Nippon. Insufficient oil resources continues to force me to choose where to utilized my armored forces. This war will soon pass the two year mark. I expect to win but it could take another two years, maybe longer. I have 23 of 44 points needed for victory.

See top post for screenshots.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Sitrep as of June 1940: French offensive has been stopped and now their army is cut off from supply. Elsewhere a large Nippon force almost encircled. 2nd Corps has achieved a breakthrough and will soon drive on French capital.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SitRep as of Aug 1940: French offensive army that was driving on Berlin has been shattered and is being destroyed. Encircled Nippon army being decimated. 2nd Corps, under FM Walther Von Martial, has expanded his breakthrough vs the French center and will commence the drive on the French capital of Toulouse. Powerful Arab army in the south is being held at bay for the moment.

Screenshots in top post.

Attachments
forcelevel0940.jpg
forcelevel0940.jpg (283.41 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

News Flash: November 1940 - French capital falls to 2nd Corps after heavy artillery bombardment.

Attachments
toulouse.jpg
toulouse.jpg (366.45 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SitRep January 1941: The threat to the homeland has largely been eliminated even though in a couple areas the front lines are not far removed from the border. As this war moves closer to three years of struggle it is time to take a longer look at the over all situation and make adjustments as needed. I need a close examination of what my Corps HQs are requesting from SHQ and what SHQ is sending out. I need to further upgrade any oil facility I currently hold that is not at level 3. Same for raw resources though that isn't as critical as the oil. I'm concerned the Arab regime may declare war on the weakened Nippon regime which would likely bring a strong Arab force in contact with my western armies sooner than I wish. The number one military priority at present is the encirclement and destruction of the northern French army. I have 33 of 44 points needed for victory. Getting those remaining 11 points will likely take another 12 - 18 months (turns), possibly longer.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

News Flash: April 1941 - Encirclement of French Northern Army complete! Destruction in detail to follow...

Attachments
encirclement0441.jpg
encirclement0441.jpg (428.51 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SitRep May 1941 - War ongoing for 3 years. Nippon has been vanquished though mopup operations still underway. French northern army was trapped and now being destroyed. Slow but steady progress on the SouthEastern Front. On the north western front 5 Corps fully engaged with Arab forces. Via newly captured oil facilities, oil production up 14000 units per turn. This is allowing increased air and armor operations.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SitRep October 1941 - Both Emirate of Baghdad and French Republic are in a state of collapse. Neither have the combat power to maintain a cohesive line. I currently have 40 of 44 points needed for victory. If I capture Baghdad, worth 4 points, it is over or if I capture 4 other 1 point cities. My combat forces are highly experienced with high morale at this junction and lead, for the most part, by officers at level 9, 10 or 11. Oil production currently at 19000 units per turn.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

SitRep February 1942: Victory! Nippon was crushed in early 1941 and the Emirate of Baghdad and the French Republic capitulated end of January 1942. Link to final map in the top post.

Love the new TO&E feature of v2.21g. It is a big time saver and allows you to concentrate more on directing your armies and fighting your battles.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Congratulations.

ATG is such a tremendous bargain. You can wage months long campaigns against other players, or gen up a game against AI rivals.

I am in a game now with two human players, and three AI nations. We are at the stage of the humans fighting it out with eliminated or much weakened AI led nations. However earlier in the game I thought the AI were going to take me out. The dynamics of a game with multiple human players and multiple AI nations can be very interesting. One player against the AI is fun, two (or more) against the AI can be even more fun.

What a great game this is. Vic you have much to be proud of.

Chuck

Return to “After Action Reports”