"Move to...map coordinate"

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

mikeCK

"Move to...map coordinate"

Post by mikeCK »

In SOW: Gettysburg. Et al., you could, in a courier message, order a commander to "move to" and then "this map locAtion". This would bring up a map and you would click on it. It would then import those coordinates into the message. Now, that was A MOD. Just wondering if there is suck a mod for Waterloo or is it was incorporated into the game and I am just missing it.
con20or

RE: "Move to...map coordinate"

Post by con20or »

Hi Mike,

That was introduced in GB path 1.3 i think but was not transferred to Waterloo as we have the movement map. We have had a few questions about this and so will look into it again.
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

Ok, thanks. Count me in as one who wants it. Sort of like standing next to your aide-de-camp and saying "have General So-and-so move his division riiiiiiight here" while pointing at the map
jomni

Post by jomni »

The new 'n' map does the trick but it spoils the immersion if not doing it in the courier menu and chaining with other commands.

The n map feels like an RTS. Hope we can integrate it in the courier menu.

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”