Detailed change log for "BABES" mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Alpha77

Detailed change log for "BABES" mod

Post by Alpha77 »

See above, where can I find it ?? I only had the very short description on the site where the download was. Which was a mistake to play this mod without knowing what is really different from stock. Allied sub torps eg. are far more dangerous in early 42 already also it seems JAP torp planes do not work well as in stock ?

It is called "babes light" btw. and the file had no read me.

So I basically played this blind, bad idea... [:-] But my own fault. It was recommended in this forum so I thought it would be ok. Can you lead me to the change list please?
Alpha77

RE: Detailed change log for "BABES" mod

Post by Alpha77 »

Hello, this mod was advertised und recommended here. I already did a search "babes mod" but no details turned up - mostly personal babble only and warship histories, which are interesting but do not help at all to understand this mod.

Can I assume details do not exist for this then? Or kept secret for some reason? [:o]
And why is there no warning to use such obscure mods BEFORE someone decides to use it. Apparently it turns out the stock scenarios are better first time JAP players. But again my own fault... I played to far however to start over.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

You didn't get such a recommendation from me.  Both Chickenboy and I have always recommended starting off with the official scenarios.  Furthermore I am very much in the minority in recommending new players to skip the short scenarios and instead play a Grand Campaign.

Alfred

Edit: A long, long, long time ago, in releasing an update Symon said, in response to the question of what changes existed, that they were too numerous to list but he recommended that this thread

tm.asp?m=2498348&mpage=1&key=babes%2Cmod

be read as it contained information on the conceptual changes.

I doubt though that it will satisfy fully the OP.

Alfred
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

BabesLite has more potent AA, reduced ASW, reduced aviation support, mores ships/ship classes, bombs dropped in packets (reduced effects of aerial bombing), more engineer type. That is all I can remember. It is not greatly different from stock. The mod ups the realism a bit and reduces the operational tempo i.e in stock late war Allied units had eng value of almost 400, while in BabesLite they have 150 eng value, so it takes more time to develop bases. The mod uses the stock map.

Nothing wrong with this scenario. As Japan you are going to lose anyway.
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

You didn't get such a recommendation from me.  Both Chickenboy and I have always recommended starting off with the official scenarios.  Furthermore I am very much in the minority in recommending new players to skip the short scenarios and instead play a Grand Campaign.

Alfred

Edit: A long, long, long time ago, in releasing an update Symon said, in response to the question of what changes existed, that they were too numerous to list but he recommended that this thread

tm.asp?m=2498348&mpage=1&key=babes%2Cmod

be read as it contained information on the conceptual changes.

I doubt though that it will satisfy fully the OP.

Alfred

Alfred, nope not from you. However I overreacted it seems the scen is ok....as Mr. Yaab reported below. Just thought the guys who created the mod would more care about it. I made some scens for eg. SP or and one WW3 for Harpoon and put up a thread for people to ask questions about them. Or you can find the famous Alpha OOB for SPMBT still somewhere too, but the games get newer versions and older OOBs/scens will finally not be compatible anymore.

But everyone is different. Also I admit that these scens and mods will finally reach a point were they are obsolete or the game is "obsolete" (but still cool, cause eg. SP, TOAW, some TW games and ofc WITPAE are not surpassed by anything I know of). So ppl. might be interested in the scens still for "old" games...but can games get really obsolete ? Strategy not so much, Chess isn´t obsolete too........... bit OT like usual. [;)]

Na, I do not need short scens to play I am not new, played Allies up to 44 some time ago. Only new to the Japan and new tweaks of the game and mod :)
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

BabesLite has more potent AA, reduced ASW, reduced aviation support, mores ships/ship classes, bombs dropped in packets (reduced effects of aerial bombing), more engineer type. That is all I can remember. It is not greatly different from stock. The mod ups the realism a bit and reduces the operational tempo i.e in stock late war Allied units had eng value of almost 400, while in BabesLite they have 150 eng value, so it takes more time to develop bases. The mod uses the stock map.

Nothing wrong with this scenario. As Japan you are going to lose anyway.

Good to know... what I noted I believe (!) allied torps more effective also allied weaker ground forces put up better fights like Indians eg. or the 1 weak Phil div at Clark. It has only 30 light mountain guns or so. Japam has 7x as much arty and heavier better guns. Still can not overcome them...tanks seem to be unsuited for the terrain while in China or Burma they can kick ass....

The OP tempo is a bit slower at land in jungle etc. Developing bases is for my taste still a bit to fast. I know that esp. the late war Allied could do this very fast and efficient. They had special guys just for this purpose.. do not remember how they were called tho. About the Jap I do not know. Only heard negative things he would slave labour etc. Have not researched enough. But otherwise I remember some article that Japan also had some methods to build airfields fast, but they were primitive.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”