War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Daniele

War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

Post by Daniele »

Gentlemen, I ask for your attention.

Our sources are reporting that today one of the biggest, deepest and most detailed wargames ever made, has been put on sale.

The analysts concur that it will remain in this status for the duration of the entire weekend, so your window of opportunity is limited.

We are certain that our target is 50% discounted; this means that the ones who will dare to take it on will have the chance to play the largest air/naval conflict in history at half the regular price!

Which game am I speaking about? Of course, it is

[center]War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition![/center]

This monster wargame set in the Pacific theatre during the WWII will be on sale until Monday 10th at midnight Pacific Daylight Time (9am CEST/ 3am EDT)!

Grab it now!
m10bob

RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition is discounted by 50 percent!

Post by m10bob »

The best wargame I have ever owned.

Cannot believe the thing is being discounted....

Wow...[&o]

Reg

Post by Reg »

[:D]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Wow...[&o]

Why ? 90 Euro was too expensive. For me at least. YES, the game is worth much, but it depends on the personal situation too. A better situated guy can pay this 90,- IF he has enough time to play it in the first place. As for people who have not that much time and only would play occasionally another matter. As this game imho can not be played at half attention, it needs full attention. Not everyone has this and so will buy a game for 40,- which can be played also on lesser attention levels. Eg. Steel Panthers or the TW series are such fabulous games. Which are great but can played more leisurely too. [:)] Not to distract from WITP which is fantastic if you have resources and attention to play it fully.

Btw. I mean the middle phase TW games as the newer ones don´t seem to be that great.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

Wow...[&o]

Why ? 90 Euro was too expensive. For me at least. YES, the game is worth much, but it depends on the personal situation too. A better situated guy can pay this 90,- IF he has enough time to play it in the first place. As for people who have not that much time and only would play occasionally another matter. As this game imho can not be played at half attention, it needs full attention. Not everyone has this and so will buy a game for 40,- which can be played also on lesser attention levels. Eg. Steel Panthers or the TW series are such fabulous games. Which are great but can played more leisurely too. [:)] Not to distract from WITP which is fantastic if you have resources and attention to play it fully.

Btw. I mean the middle phase TW games as the newer ones don´t seem to be that great.

Oh, no, please do not misunderstand my comment..I also feel the full price is very expensive, but my astonishment at the game being discounted is akin to how I might feel that a 1939 Cord automobile might be sold for one hundred dollars for a weekend..
Of course my view of the game is bound to be prejudiced by the fact that I paid that full price when released, after also having paid full price for its' predecessor and knowing THAT games' qualities, and knowing some of the modders who worked diligently to turn out this later, more historically correct and more accurate AND playable game..

My financial status was not a consideration after having owned that first version of WITP, I knew by then how valuable the game was. From that point, it was a matter of what I was willing to sacrifice to acquire it.

Alpha77

Post by Alpha77 »

Wow...[&o]

Oh, no, please do not misunderstand my comment..I also feel the full price is very expensive, but my astonishment at the game being discounted is akin to how I might feel that a 1939 Cord automobile might be sold for one hundred dollars for a weekend..
Of course my view of the game is bound to be prejudiced by the fact that I paid that full price when released, after also having paid full price for its' predecessor and knowing THAT games' qualities, and knowing some of the modders who worked diligently to turn out this later, more historically correct and more accurate AND playable game..

My financial status was not a consideration after having owned that first version of WITP, I knew by then how valuable the game was. From that point, it was a matter of what I was willing to sacrifice to acquire it.

I agree there is no question that is is one the most valuable games. IF you can attach the time to it it needs. If someone works eg. 40h-45h / week and also needs to care about family etc. I feel it might not be the right game for him. So do not missunderstand what I meant... I played most strategy games also far too much, as so much that you have no life then [:D] These turn based games are much better than action or real time ones cause you can eat, drink and do some other stuff during turns. Not possible with call of duty (which first 2 or 3 ones I liked but they cannot reach the appeal of good strategy games imo).
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I agree there is no question that is is one the most valuable games. IF you can attach the time to it it needs. If someone works eg. 40h-45h / week and also needs to care about family etc. I feel it might not be the right game for him. So do not missunderstand what I meant... I played most strategy games also far too much, as so much that you have no life then [:D] These turn based games are much better than action or real time ones cause you can eat, drink and do some other stuff during turns. Not possible with call of duty (which first 2 or 3 ones I liked but they cannot reach the appeal of good strategy games imo).

CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

Just for the record, it really is possible to play the game, even PBEM, spending only a couple hours a week on it. The trick is finding an opponent who is also willing to play a relaxed schedule.

Personally, I've never understood the guys who can turn around several turns in one day! My current opponent and I are lucky to get one done (back and forth) in a week -- look at the "Dave, David; Potato, Potahto" AAR to see what I mean. We've passed the stage where conflicting events meant it took a couple months for one turn, but we're still slower than most folks (and still playing).
Iwbtone

Post by Iwbtone »

Finally decided to grap this deep sea monster[:D]

Hope I can get my physical copy soon[8D]
poerr

Post by poerr »

Can you tell me if the version now on sale is the most current version and if the color manual has been updated to match?

Thanks!

Russ
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Yes it is the current version once patched [:)]

No updates to the manual though. [:(]
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Does is ship with a printed "Is this game worth 110aud?" t-shirt?
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Does is ship with a printed "Is this game worth 110aud?" t-shirt?

Per the manual you are still required to copy/paste your own..

nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

I tried to find more victims, errr... I mean customers by posting on my FB account. Got a lot of likes, but most of them are already committed to this lifestyle...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”