Info please re maps for SOW Waterloo

Forum dedicated to the Scourge of War Game set during the Napoleonic Wars. Scourge of War: Waterloo follows in the footsteps of its American Civil War predecessors and takes the action to one of the most famous battles in history. It is by far the most detailed game about the final battle of the War of the Seventh Coalition.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

pcelt

Info please re maps for SOW Waterloo

Post by pcelt »

Somewhere recently on these forums somewhere I came across 2 maps for SOW Waterloo based on Spain--but stupidly I can no longer find this reference---can anyone help---many thanks ............
They were named "Montana Segrada" and "Rio_Espanol"
I think the creator was "Crikey"
Many thanks
con20or

RE: Info please re maps for SOW Waterloo

Post by con20or »

I'm not sure, probably a mod, but I will move this out of tech-support as you will get more help in the discussion section.
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Many thanks Jim---but I would really appreciate some more detailed advice re the way to add the map titles to the mod and in game map list---
Thanks
Leffe7

Post by Leffe7 »

Hi pcelt,

where do you need help exactly ?

Crikey's instructions for his mod are...
1. Download to your desktop.

2 Unzip using 7zip using the Extract To command. This should create a folder with the map files inside it.

3. Copy this to your SoWWL mod folder.

4. Activate in game as per normal.

It is the same for any mod you use. Copy the mods folder into your SOWWL Mod Folder. Once you have the mod activated in your Waterloo modifications list you will be able to select the new maps in your sandbox games.
QA Scourge of War: Waterloo
pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Leffe7--Thanks for your help----my problem is that ,though stored in mods and selected the map is not listed in the map list for choice in sandbox game. Jim wrote something about way to name the maps but I need much more detailed instructions re exact process and steps necesssary--many thanks again
con20or

Post by con20or »

Make sure you do not have a redundant folder in the folder structure - this can happen when you unzip it. If the first and second folder in the structure are named the same then try and cut out from the second level down.

Return to “Scourge of War: Waterloo”