Problem

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

LJBurstyn

Problem

Post by LJBurstyn »

Not sure this belongs here or in support.

A new problem has popped up in my scenario. Russian production is stuck at 30%. I use a string to control war footing (production and combat mod). The string
is working okay as my card to increase production works changing the string. I use the old command to change production as I don't know what production 2, 3, or 4
are for. It works for all the other peoples in my scenario and used to work for the Russians. But in my last test game it stopped working. I looked at the steps
in the event that affects production and it is going thru the steps to change production for the Russians but there does not seem to be any command to check to
see what Production 1 is actually set at. I've looked at all my other events to see if something in them is affecting production. The only other event that
affects production is the one for captured production centers. It appears to be working okay.

I've tested the new command to change production 1 but it also does not work for the Russians. The old command to change production appears to work for everyone
but the Russians. Something is either changing the Russian Production back to 30% or is preventing the command from working.

My next step is to check EVERY event line by line to see if anything is changing the Russian production to 30%. And to run a test game and capture a Russian city
to see if the capturing event is working okay.
ernieschwitz

RE: Problem

Post by ernieschwitz »

Production 2, 3 and 4 are those that are required by itemtypes 2, 3 and 3. You can set those itemtypes in the items section. Production 0 (and 1) are that of itemtype 0 (and 1)... (0 and 1 are actually the same)... ProdModOld modifies only production 0 (and 1).

So I don´t think that this has much to do with your problem. I think you may have been resetting the production to something else, somewhere else.

EDIT: Oh and I can confirm there is no way of (by exec or check) to find out what production setting a regime has to start with, or later on.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
LJBurstyn

RE: Problem

Post by LJBurstyn »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Production 2, 3 and 4 are those that are required by itemtypes 2, 3 and 3. You can set those itemtypes in the items section. Production 0 (and 1) are that of itemtype 0 (and 1)... (0 and 1 are actually the same)... ProdModOld modifies only production 0 (and 1).

So I don´t think that this has much to do with your problem. I think you may have been resetting the production to something else, somewhere else.

EDIT: Oh and I can confirm there is no way of (by exec or check) to find out what production setting a regime has to start with, or later on.

I certainly helps to explain what Production 2, 3, 4 are for...might find a use for that in the future.
Yep, your right it was Event 1 (Capture Production) that changed Russian Production--don't know why this did not show up earlier.
I accidently used the people number for Russians (9) when I meant to use the people number for the Germans (1). So as far as the Event was concerned all the cities
of Russia was captured by Russia. Which set production to 30% instead of whatever my string said it was set at. Come to think of it this sudden appearance of
this problem might be because I recently changed the Event 0 (production and population increases) from Turn to Round. Noticed that population was increasing every
turn (a player turn) instead of between all players turns.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”