A few questions (Resources/Supply/Leaders)

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

sanderz

A few questions (Resources/Supply/Leaders)

Post by sanderz »

Hi all

Bought this game a while back (in the sale) but only just started to have a go and have a few questions. Hope you can help.

1. RESOURCES
a) do they need to have a road/rail line to work?
b) if they are on an island (no towns) do i need to build a road to the coast and then a port on the coast?
c) if b) is true do i need cargoships or do resources transfer automatically. If cargo ships are needed do they need to be in the port near the resources or the port on the mainland?

2. SUPPLY
Similar question to resources - a) does supply automatically go from port to port and b) does if so does it need/use cargo ships

3. LEADERS
I can see the combat benefits of leaders being in HQs but is there any benefit in putting leaders in the rear area HQs that are just feeding troops and supplies forward to the frontline HQs

EDIT 4.
I know you need cargo ships to transfer units but a) will TOE transfers of troops happen automatically between ports - and b) if so do they need cargoships

many thanks
Tac2i

RE: A few questions (Resources/Supply/Leaders)

Post by Tac2i »

re 1a: no transport of any kind needed. Resources go into a pool. Same for 1b. There is an option in the editor to turn on hardcore supply which would then require a human player to have a supply line.

re 2: supply, on land and sea, uses invisible transport. Trucks, trains, and cargo ships can be used to manually transfer supply and troops.

re 3: unless the officer in a rear area HQ has some attribute and/or card it can play on a front line HQ, it is of no benefit. That said, the only rear area HQ I have is my SHQ and I always keep an officer in it. I may replace him with a more experienced officer at some point in the game.

re 4: a - yes, b - no (need to test this)
ORIGINAL: sanderz

Hi all

Bought this game a while back (in the sale) but only just started to have a go and have a few questions. Hope you can help.

1. RESOURCES
a) do they need to have a road/rail line to work?
b) if they are on an island (no towns) do i need to build a road to the coast and then a port on the coast?
c) if b) is true do i need cargoships or do resources transfer automatically. If cargo ships are needed do they need to be in the port near the resources or the port on the mainland?

2. SUPPLY
Similar question to resources - a) does supply automatically go from port to port and b) does if so does it need/use cargo ships

3. LEADERS
I can see the combat benefits of leaders being in HQs but is there any benefit in putting leaders in the rear area HQs that are just feeding troops and supplies forward to the frontline HQs

EDIT 4.
I know you need cargo ships to transfer units but a) will TOE transfers of troops happen automatically between ports - and b) if so do they need cargoships

many thanks
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
sanderz

RE: A few questions (Resources/Supply/Leaders)

Post by sanderz »

thanks Webizen - much appreciated

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”