Latest patch problem.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

dr.hal

Latest patch problem.

Post by dr.hal »

Greetings Lord Zimoa (excuse my ignorance, but where does that come from?),

I just bought the game as I've been a long fan of the great war game !914 by AH and decided to go into the computer age with this one. It loaded just fine and I started the grand campaign with much gusto. Lots of fun. However, I tried to upgrade the game (came as v. 1.3 something I think) to 1.6.4 (latest fix 20 May 2015) and it says I'm missing things and to reinstall. I did so and now I'm not sure how to go about updating it (it now runs fine again without the update!). I've downloaded this latest update, put it on my desktop and now not sure what I should do, what folder in the game do I put it into and unzip? I just put it into the overall game folder last time and it didn't seem to like it. Could you please advise? Thanks, Hal
dr.hal

RE: Latest patch problem.

Post by dr.hal »

After I reinstalled I tried to upgrade again and the message is the same: "The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling...." What to do??? Hal
operating

Post by operating »

I hate seeing Tech Support falling flat on it's face
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Greetings Operating,

Is there anyone that reads these threads from Matrix? I was assuming that Lord Zimoa was the moderator and that's why I addressed him. Did I error? Hal
operating

Post by operating »

Hello Hal,

See that you have been a member of Matrix for quite some time with a busy posting history. So when you post something that needs a reply, especially where you just made an investment into a game that does not work, you expect to receive the proper help. AND YOU SHOULD!!!

Recently I had renewed faith in the game as far as tech support goes after reading this posted comment:
Kirk wrote, I have been reliably informed that GTGW will continue to have bug fixes etc worked on officially

Recently in another thread.

I really don't think that Kirk would post the above quote without getting confirmation from the powers to be, mainly LZ, he's the one calling the shots (as far as I know), however he (LZ) has been silent and holds the purse strings to the problem with technical help (Ya know the Dutch are tight with a buck, some would say cheap, that's not something I made up, it's a historical fact, It's called "Going Dutch"). So when I read posts like yours here and at other CTGW forums that go unanswered, it irks me to no end. LZ might be a hell of a guy, probably great to have a conversation with, but in the end won't chip in to pay the bill.

Good luck, Bob
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry for the delay, please try the following:

Open the game installation folder, find a subfolder named redist and open it.
Inside you'll find a file named vcredist_x86.exe, please run it.
This will install some Visual C++ libraries.
Run the game and check if the issue persists.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Not a problem, as I'm playing the game with the disk received. I tried your fix and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same popup reply.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

The popup is titled "ctgw.exe - System Error" and states that "The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Hal
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

VPaulus, Ok I ran it as program administrator and it seems to have worked. THANKS!! However now the program picture covers about 95% of the screen leaving a bit on the bottom that seems to be my desktop. I've put in my resolution in both px and py following target on the properties screen (-px1920 -py1080) which worked fine for my game before the installation of the latest "update" but now it seems to leave off the bottom a little bit. Not a huge problem but it does cut down on the accessibility of buttons on the bottom of the play screen (such as the "menu" button). Any thoughts on this concern???
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Ok it would appear that I fixed my own problem, as I didn't have "full screen" selected. Yet in the other version, I didn't seem to need it! But all's well that ends well. Thanks for your help. Hal
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Happy to know that you were able to fix both your issues. [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”