Looking for an allied opponent for RHS scen 105

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sayarf22

Looking for an allied opponent for RHS scen 105

Post by Sayarf22 »

i'm interested exactly in RHS because i like RHS staff - ships, planes and especially map.
preferrable options are: FOW on, weather on, allied DC on, PDU on, historical FT off, surprize on, reliable USN toprs off, realistic r&d off, unit withdwawal on.
House rules open for discussion.
also, i did some tests with 105 scen and made some adjustments to it, in hope it will be acceptable. actually 3 ones
1. manpower center output set back to stock values. in "normal" RHS it was only 1 instead of 5, by unclear reasons, resulting japanese manpower pool dried in 1st week.
2. industry fuel requirements in RHS is 8 instead of 4. I think doubling requirements is just too much, making even continental US not self-sufficient. Set it to 6.
3. By default soviets are active in RHS. There is long explanation for this in RHS documentation, but after tests i decided it doesn't work. I made it passive back.
el cid again

RE: Looking for an allied opponent for RHS scen 105

Post by el cid again »

It may be suitable for a demonstration game (RHS Test Ten Charlie).
We have added or modified locations, affecting the economy, as well
as aircraft and ships. While the file set is working well, we need
to monitor these new features. The main RHS scenarios are now vitually
complete: development will move now to new map art as well as to completing
alternate history Scenario 99 and a 1945 Downfall mini-scenario. But
we need to collect data in a test game.

RHS manpower was set to 1 because manpower is never a constraint in any
form of AE. In order to make it be one (for Japan - the Allies don't actually
use manpower) the value was reduced. Note also that RHS has approximately
doubled the number of manpower centers (because cities were either missing,
or not given enough population). So compared to stock, the total manpower
generated should be higher. As well, there is a much greater potential to capture
manpower centers in RHS, because there are so many more to capture. IF you
modify manpower, you will effectively guarantee Japan never needs to worry about
it. It is unclear if the value of 1 ever restrains Japan, but it is the only possible
value that might (other than 0 which obviously can not be used).

There is a new update for the files - addressing in the main economic eratta
and aircraft art/data.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... file%2cmsi
Sayarf22

Post by Sayarf22 »

thank you for reply
i downloaded last few days ago, already saw new plane art, thanks
as for manpower - i played about a month in head to head and saw japanese manpower pool down to zero in 1st week. There are about 480 manpower centers at start and after initial conquests it should increase rouly up to 600. This gives about 50k in first 3 months and 30k at start. Reinforcements requirements in first 3 months is about 250k with about 50k needs for replacement. Can't understand how it can match. Also i think manpower was never a limitation for Japan IRL.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: Sayarf22

thank you for reply
i downloaded last few days ago, already saw new plane art, thanks
as for manpower - i played about a month in head to head and saw japanese manpower pool down to zero in 1st week. There are about 480 manpower centers at start and after initial conquests it should increase rouly up to 600. This gives about 50k in first 3 months and 30k at start. Reinforcements requirements in first 3 months is about 250k with about 50k needs for replacement. Can't understand how it can match. Also i think manpower was never a limitation for Japan IRL.

This is possible in 105 due to the high rate of production of new LCU - it is optimized for Japan.
By 14 February in Test Ten Alpha we have only two manpower points - but maximum production is 920
and actual production is 840 - well over the 600 you think is appropriate. This indicates the setting
of 1 is correct. 2 would make it 1680 for example, while 5 would make it 4200! We have achieved the
design intent - never seen in stock, most mods or earlier editions of RHS - making manpower a
constraint. Using a value of 5 as stock did, or as you propose, means effectively Japan is not
constrained in that regard.

As for the update - if you uploaded a few days ago - you are out of date. There have been updates
every day or three - mostly with respect to air art. It is now (almost) stable, with only one
more release intended. As with yesterday, it will be technical - a sort of cleanup to make things
look clearer, done by Mifune in the main. For example, I do not yet make alphas - I had to "fudge"
one - and he will probably make one that is perfect today.
Sayarf22

Post by Sayarf22 »

ORIGINAL: el cid again
This is possible in 105 due to the high rate of production of new LCU - it is optimized for Japan.
By 14 February in Test Ten Alpha we have only two manpower points - but maximum production is 920
and actual production is 840 - well over the 600 you think is appropriate.
800 or even 1000 MP centers still gives you up to 24-30k per month. And you need about 60-100k monthly only for new units arriving. And something for replacements. Also this means that most of manpower generates outside of home islands - not sure it is right conception. And as i said i doubt it should be constraint - except a very heavy combat losses. It was not a limitation IRL.
Here is wrong place for discussion, a think.
As for update - i will check it, thanks for notification.
P.S. - do you have some kind of glossary? For example only yesterday i realized that "BW" in the plane name means biological weapon. Still don't know what means "COOP".
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: el cid again
and actual production is 840 - well over the 600 you think is appropriate.
800 or even 1000 MP centers still gives you up to 24-30k per month. And you need about 60-100k monthly only for new units arriving. And something for replacements. Also this means that most of manpower generates outside of home islands - not sure it is right conception. And as i said i doubt it should be constraint - except a very heavy combat losses. It was not a limitation IRL.
Here is wrong place for discussion, a think.
As for update - i will check it, thanks for notification.
P.S. - do you have some kind of glossary? For example only yesterday i realized that "BW" in the plane name means biological weapon. Still don't know what means "COOP".

This is a good place for discussion - but we can move it to the design forum RHS thread - or to private mail -
if you prefer.

I am very pleased (a) to have solved the problem of constantly growing manpower pools and (b) that you
caused me to review it. I do think a slight upward revision is appropriate (probably two, given the number
of manpower centers likely to fall).

As for it being a constraint, Matrix conception is sound. As for manpower being mainly "offshore" - this may
not be their view - but it is certainly correct. First of all, "Japan" in manpower terms (right up until
surrender) was considered to include Korea and Formosa. The empire could not feed itself without them,
and for that reason, giving up either was never acceptable to Japan. [Their concept was also true: starvation
was rampant in Japan until the Cold War changed US politics. Saburo Sakai's wife died of starvation as late as
1948.] More important, Japan raised millions of troops in Manchukuo and in China, and very large numbers in other
places. As well, Japan was semi-welcome in many areas (due to real and strong anti-colonial sentiment), at least
until Japanese occupation behaviors changed that. In Indonesia, the local commander was court martialed for a
policy of getting along - was convicted - but both he and his policy were left in place because the court found
"it was in Japan's interests." Among other things, oil production had been restored in less time than planned
IN SPITE OF losing almost all the Japanese industry experts sent to do that! [Their ship was sunk.] This happened
because native workers were more able to repair things than either the Dutch or Japanese realized. RHS has
many (not all - we omit those not armed with firearms) of these Axis allied formations - as well as the Thai
military (although both Thai and other SRA Allied units exist, both early and late in the war). It is quite good
to have manpower generated in these places, both for military and for industrial construction purposes.

I will revise the setting of manpower for the next test. Evaluation of current tests shows it has been perhaps
more of a constraint than I intended. I had little hope 1 was small enough given huge pools with the value 5 -
and with at least 100% more manpower centers. But I should have watched the impact more closely. So thanks
for bringing up the matter.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

[

COOP = Army Cooperation Aircraft. This is usually a development in the 1920s or 1930s of the classic
"observation bomber" of WWI. These aircraft may perform recon, search or bomber missions and are generally
very light bombers in game terms. Many also had marginal value as fighter planes IRL.

Many things are documented in the RHS (= RHS Documentation) folder. Many more are defined in the RHS thread
in the Scenario Design folder. Still other things are not documented at all, but are strewn like gold nuggets
in the game data. You will find a Greek "CA" (it is so old, the term didn't exist when it was designed). It
will get its WW2 era commanding officer in the next update. Built in the 19th century, it was then the oldest
warship in commission in the world still serving in its original role. Today it remains in commission - as
a museum (but is not the oldest such ship: USS Constitution is). The oldest naval vessel in the world still
in commission in its original role today is also in the game: Kommuna is a Tzarist era Russian sub tender -
built about 1912 if memory serves - and it REMAINS in commission as a sub tender today! But nothing explains
these things in every case. Unless you ask. Still - its in there.
Sayarf22

Post by Sayarf22 »

closed
Sayarf22

Post by Sayarf22 »

reopened again
Sayarf22

Post by Sayarf22 »

still looking
witpaemail

Post by witpaemail »

I would, but I, like most others here Im sure have no idea how to even load the RHS stuff. Used to love in it WitP, but it seems to be unnecessarily complex in AE. I went to the website and downloaded a ".rar" file, whatever the hell that is. No clue what it is nor how to use it.

Went to the link in the scenario mods and that sends you to a "onedrive" account thing whatever the hell that is, and Im not going to bother to sign up for it.

I fail to see why they cant just make a damn zip file like they had in witp.

So good luck on your search.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Sayarf, are u still looking for a RHS allied opponent?
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400

Return to “Opponents Wanted”