Documentary on "Comfort Women"

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

Documentary on "Comfort Women"

Post by Footslogger »

Many of you know what the term "Comfort Women" and when it came from.
Here is a documentary on the women who endured and the Japanese that still say to this day that, "It was a myth."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yHHfYOGumI

dr.hal

RE: Documentary on "Comfort Women"

Post by dr.hal »

Not all Japanese think it is a myth by any stretch of the imagination. One thing I've not seen is some serious research as to what the dominant opinion in Japan really is about this fact and a few others (including summary execution of prisoners, etc.).
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I'm inclined to think there are many who know better. I'm also inclined to think there are many who would intimidate those to keep their opinions to themselves. That's a dialectic that is operative in all countries and all nations pretty much all of the time. You just struggle against it but don't expect any final victories. When you become most complacent, when you think you've solved the problem forever, that's when they begin rising again; not just from the ashes but within our systems of education, as if the correct lessons of history were just conspiracy theories.

dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

I agree Geofflambert. Just look at the holocaust deniers all around the world. Some of them are actually SERIOUS about the events that make up the holocaust didn't happen!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”