Space / Tactical Fleet Combat Game / AI Progressing

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

CarlVon

RE: Space / Tactical Fleet Combat Game / Progressing / AI

Post by CarlVon »

Update for everyone out there,

Hope all is well with you guys.

Spacegame continues, and it's currently getting a much needed code and documentation cleanup. It's progressing quickly due to some new development tools I have. Once that's done, we will do some more testing again and I will contact those who have asked for Beta time. You guys can help flush things out while I finish the AI coding. We will likely simplfy the interface after we have some input.

Thanks.
CarlVon

RE: Space / Tactical Fleet Combat Game / Progressing / AI

Post by CarlVon »

Update,

Hi everyone.

First round of code cleanup went well, performance improvements, debugging etc. We are beginning some private testing for a month, then some cleanup and then bring some players in for more testing. AI is about 50% completed but on hold due to general cleanup. Gotta keep the code under control. Better development tools are working well.
CarlVon

RE: Space / Tactical Fleet Combat Game / Progressing / Alpha Test

Post by CarlVon »

Hi Guys,

We have started a major fleet engagement. This is an Alpha for bug testing before we get some beta testers. This one is going to be a knife fight.

Details:
Battlespace Report

Description

After years of issues between Imperial Earth and Mars, the situation has reached a boiling point. Years of Imperials repression has added up.

The Imperial 4th Fleet and its commander have defected to Mars, forming the beginning of the MDF (Mars Defense Forces).

On Earth, the Imperials are hit by a wave of industrial and political espionage, the extent of impact is being assesed.

Immediately, Imperial Earth Aerospace began staging an offensive position in deep space near Sun-Mars LP4. However, due to supply and logistics issues, there assault was halted, the fleet was not able to form quickly enough to supprise MDF.

Mars Defense Forces dispatched the 4th fleet to reply to the assault. Both fleets are formed and ready.
Tensions are high, and this is the first large scale battle of the war, and will test the true will of each group for the first time.

Both forces have the same ship types (Imperial Types),

Imperial Earth Aeropsace:
2 x Battlehship
4 x Heavy Cruiser
4 x Long Range Frigate
8 x Frigates

Mars Defense Forces:
2 x Battlehship
4 x Heavy Cruiser
4 x Long Range Frigate
8 x Frigates

This is the shot after the first orders turn, time scale at around 20 minutes, gives you an idea of opening moves. I'm at the top, my buddy at the bottom. I'm basically moving in and creating some flank attacks, he's using deception not giving anything away yet, he's pretty good at it. You would think there would be no deception in space, but there's lots if you know how to do it.

The blue lines show where my ships will be in 20 minutes, and where they will face. This will surely change, but it's a start.
Attachments
TacticalD..121207.jpg
TacticalD..121207.jpg (80.6 KiB) Viewed 74 times

Return to “General Discussion”