Suggest an iPad wargame to me...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Yggdrassil

Suggest an iPad wargame to me...

Post by Yggdrassil »

Hi

I'm relatively new to tablet gaming, and don't know what is out there. I am looking for a strategy wargame for iPad, operational level (say battalion to division level), similar to the old Operational Art of War, or GG War in the West/East...real time preferable, but turn based just as good....one covering WWII, and one a imaginary World War III NATO-WP confrontation (like Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm)...

also a purely air warfare operational strategy game would be nice (like Eagle day Bombing the Reich....)...modern or WWII would do

is there anything out there worth checking out??

Cheers,
Ygg
budd

RE: Suggest an iPad wargame to me...

Post by budd »

i don't have an ipad but recently got a kindle to be able to read the WITE manual while i play. You might check out John Tillers Panzer Campaigns, there available for ipad i believe. Tried the free one out on the kindle and it seems to work just like the PC version as far as i can tell. There should be a free one to try out for the ipad also.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Jakse

Post by Jakse »

That may be deeper than a lot of games out there. I like Battle Academy, but it isn't super groggy and is smaller scale than you like. Kersch games are fun but graphics are lacking. Tiller has a lot on iPad. War and Battles is fun, but has some save issues and multiplayer seems janky. I have all of them and enjoy them all in different ways. I can dream that a WitE or DC Case Blue comes to iPad.

vebyw

Post by vebyw »

Panzer Corps. Can't go wrong with that
Capitaine

Post by Capitaine »

Try Wars & Battles. It's an operational-level game on about a regimental level played on hexagonal maps. For the initial cost of $4.99, you get the basic scenarios of all the games (currently Normandy 44 and October War 73, but more in the hopper). The advanced scenarios and full campaign game for each subtitle cost $9.99, but at least you get to try all the titles for just the one-time basic price.

The series has outstanding graphics and detail, yet is quite easy to get the hang of. Frankly, I think it's the best wargame for tablets out there.
Yggdrassil

Post by Yggdrassil »

Thanks guys. I tried John Tillers stuff, seems tight what I was looking for, except for some stranghe graphics bugs, but it's not a deal breaker.
I'll also try Drive on Moscow: War in the snow, seems interesting...that should keep me occupied for a while...

Cheers,
Ygg

Return to “General Discussion”