Target destroyed!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Uxbridge

Target destroyed!

Post by Uxbridge »

When trying to wipe out some railyards, I noticed that some of my air groups refuse to fly.

1. If a target is destroyed to 100 %, will the system stop further attacks on that target (to save aircraft)? I think I witnessed this earlier, but have no way to confirm it.

2. If the the above is true, and intelligence service think a target is destroyed, will that inhibit further attacks?

I did some trials with both Allied and German sides set to human and no fog of war, mainly to check the effect on supply. First turn the air groups attacked several targets; the reports told them all destroyd at more than 100 %. In the German phase I checked damage, discovering that the targets were in fact only damaged to approximately 50 %. Fair enough, I ordered new strikes next turn. But after the air execution, I discovered that the attacks never took place. Trying again, there was the same result.

Some enlightenment on this would be appreviated.
Helpless

RE: Target destroyed!

Post by Helpless »

1. If a target is destroyed to 100 %, will the system stop further attacks on that target (to save aircraft)?

Yes.
2. If the the above is true, and intelligence service think a target is destroyed, will that inhibit further attacks?

Recon the target in hope to find undamaged spaces. Iirc, some of the released patches had improvements in this area.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Uxbridge

RE: Target destroyed!

Post by Uxbridge »

All right, so then my hunch was right. I have to recon the site to get it 'less damaged'. It's rather good, actually, once you know how it works.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”