Goofy AI retreat

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Seminole

Goofy AI retreat

Post by Seminole »

Probably won't be a real common occurrence, but I haven't looked the whole map over to see if there are more spots like this where the same problem could happen.

Server game, Seminole v S2Tanker

Some weirdness when I stormed the enemy beaches, similar to what I experienced during Operation Mongoose.

When the 9th SS PzD reached the beaches they encountered some enemy units that were clearly still in their boats. While a Yankee regiment stayed onshore, another group of Brits apparently decided to board their boats and head for inland waters.

Without establishing a new beachhead those fellas look stuck.

Don't know how the retreat routine runs, but I think inland seas should probably be on some kind of exclusion list as retreat options to prevent this from happening.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
decourcy2

RE: Goofy AI retreat

Post by decourcy2 »

They had to have driven their DUKWs out to lake and are just circling waiting for you to leave...

Awesome retreat.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I was out of town so didn't get the saves until you had moved past this. What ultimately happened to the Allied unit in the lake?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I was out of town so didn't get the saves until you had moved past this. What ultimately happened to the Allied unit in the lake?

Next turn it was gone. My assumption is that a displacement move happened because it was a unit on ships. I guess there is some kind of 'housekeeping' routine that saw the ship stuck in place it shouldn't be able to be and returned it home.

To be honest, I didn't accurately detail the enemy units I was facing, so I'm not sure if it surrendered like the routed paras you see, or if something else happened to it. A lot of Allied units went down that turn so I can't be sure.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Added to the bug list, at least to check into what happens when a unit on ships ends up in a lake hex. A pre-save before a retreat into a lake would be golden.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”