Noob with a few important questions

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Matt68046

Noob with a few important questions

Post by Matt68046 »

I have a couple questions that would really help me. First, how do you pause the game? It seems imposible to micromanage an entire army, but could be done easy with pausing and giving orders then unpausing.
Second, why does the AI keep taking over my command? I went around and found the col. and Brig. generals all that i could and then clicked the flag "take command from AI" does this mean that the brigade is now and forever under my command, or it seems as soon as they take fire, the AI takes over again. I really like to micromanage and don't mind doing so. Seems like the whole point of this game is to sit back and watch. I REALLY want to control every aspect of Gettysburg scenarios and i also bought antietam, maybe get chancerosville if i can figure this out. Lastly, question 3, how do i go between commanders, and if i put say a Divisional general under human control, will that make his entire division under my control? Someone please explain all this to me as ive looked online and cant find answers....that would be awsome thx!
Matt68046

RE: Noob with a few important questions

Post by Matt68046 »

Okay so nevermind figured out how to pause and you just select the Brig. Generals and click TC from AI BUT........ I still have a ton of questions and the turtorial aint cutting it so maybe someone could get on TS3 with me sometime soon and go over controls with me?
rickier65

RE: Noob with a few important questions

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Matt68046

Okay so nevermind figured out how to pause and you just select the Brig. Generals and click TC from AI BUT........ I still have a ton of questions and the turtorial aint cutting it so maybe someone could get on TS3 with me sometime soon and go over controls with me?

you might get better response on the norbsoft forum. seems like i usually end up over there when looking for answers.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum

good luck
rick

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”