RTL with 1.08.04

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

SchnellerHeinz

RTL with 1.08.04

Post by SchnellerHeinz »

Hello all,

so, I'm new, but I took my time to get familiar with as much as there is to know about WitE as I could in a rather short time (2 weeks). I've tried out (and continue to do so) the Road to Leningrad scenario and from what I've seen in other AARs (some of them as old as 4.5 years), I must say, the AI behaves very different in my attempts (cluster over cluster of soviet units around Leningrad). To be honest, I have some particular problems:

a) I cannot get my Finns to attack past the Finnish-no-attack-line. When exactly am I supposed to be able to cross this line with the Finns?

b) Leningrad proper is held by a CV=X cluster with fort lvl of 5. Is this breakable at all? I did multiple attacks with a combined force of 3 inf.'s + 3 pz's, 5 of which had eng.'s.

c) Once I've cleared hexes 82/16 & 83/16 (Pavlovo and hex east of it), am I supposed (if so HOW?) to be able to set troops across the river WITHOUT having cleared Leningrad proper (81/16)?

Any help is appreciated.
Commanderski

RE: RTL with 1.08.04

Post by Commanderski »

The Finns won't cross the line unless you take Leningrad. I forget which hexes you need but if you do a search through the forum you can find which hexes you need to isolate the city and then you can start attacking.
SchnellerHeinz

Post by SchnellerHeinz »

Ok, I see. So I really have to take the harbors first, then encircle the city and isolate it, before making my attempt at the fort lvl 5 unit in Leningrad proper?
Commanderski

Post by Commanderski »

Yes, otherwise they will have a steady source of supply. The city itself is a huge Manpower center and unless you cut off it's supply source they will be able to rebuild and reinforce itself after every attack.
TitaniumTrout

Post by TitaniumTrout »

There is three harbors on Lake Ladoga that you need to secure. It's much easier to tell which hexes have the ports with the mapmod.

Two of the ports are fairly easy to acquire, the third is right near the fortified line and can be quite a bear.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

OR... reduce the ports in the L'grad area through city bombing. Think only the one port to the right matters. Invest and attack. Falls. (vs, AI.)

Return to “The War Room”