Updated Manual

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Harrybanana

Updated Manual

Post by Harrybanana »

Now that WITE is nearly finished in terms of any major changes, would it be possible for the manual to be updated with all of the Rule changes? I know this would personally save me a lot of time (which I'm sure my opponent would rather I spend doing my turn) going through all of the notes to each update trying to fine the rule change I am looking for.
Robert Harris
Joel Billings

RE: Updated Manual

Post by Joel Billings »

It has been (in the sense that the readme items have been positioned in the relevant sections of the amended manual. You should find it in your manual folder (the Amended Manual).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

Now that WITE is nearly finished in terms of any major changes, would it be possible for the manual to be updated with all of the Rule changes? I know this would personally save me a lot of time (which I'm sure my opponent would rather I spend doing my turn) going through all of the notes to each update trying to fine the rule change I am looking for.

I have been doing it for months (years? [8D])... [;)]

Just open the "WITE-Manual-[US_LETTER].pdf" and you will see every new rule, clarifications and explanation in appropriate section of the manual!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Harrybanana

Post by Harrybanana »

Ok, as if my game with Saper wasn't humbling enough now I feel like a real idiot. Thanks for directing me to the updated Manual.
Robert Harris
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

Could you make it so that opening the game manual in the autostarter opens the updated manual? I think that would help a few people find it. Especially the guys who aren't regularly at the forum.
The Guru

Post by The Guru »

Anywhere you can see what actually changed from the original manual to the the updated one? So I don't have to re-read eveything looking for the alterations?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

There's a whatsnew.pdf file in the main game directory (also a readme doc as well).
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

And at the start of the Addendum in updated PDF manual there is always version number, date and list of things fixed! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

I have been doing it for months (years? [8D])... [;)]

Just open the "WITE-Manual-[US_LETTER].pdf" and you will see every new rule, clarifications and explanation in appropriate section of the manual!

Leo "Apollo11"

Thanks for doing this, very useful.

Now it is possible that I've missed these two things.

Could this be stickied. Until I did a search I had no idea it existed. Yes I kow the changes are in the whatsnew but as others have said, this version has all the changes in context with the original.

Could a version be produced that is not in US-letter format so that we europeans can pront it out easily
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Chris H

My pleasure! [:)]

Could this be stickied. Until I did a search I had no idea it existed. Yes I kow the changes are in the whatsnew but as others have said, this version has all the changes in context with the original.

It is now! [:D]

Could a version be produced that is not in US-letter format so that we europeans can pront it out easily

I am European! [;)]

You can print it just fine using Adobe PDF function "Fit" (i.e. "US Letter" is not that different from European "A4" and "Fit" option does a great job).

Leo "Apollo11"

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Chris H

My pleasure! [:)]

It is now! [:D]

I am European! [;)]

You can print it just fine using Adobe PDF function "Fit" (i.e. "US Letter" is not that different from European "A4" and "Fit" option does a great job).

Leo "Apollo11"

Thanks
ETF

Post by ETF »

Getting back into this bad boy. Is the manual updated to latest release?
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
budd

Post by budd »

is the whole manual posted anywhere? I'd like to look at it before purchasing. Specifically what player aids are available for newbies to blunt the learning curve. I've read many of the AAR's and looks like information overload.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

is the whole manual posted anywhere? I'd like to look at it before purchasing. Specifically what player aids are available for newbies to blunt the learning curve. I've read many of the AAR's and looks like information overload.
You can read it from your Internet browser:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1436515702
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

The link to the manual posted does not have all of the current game rule updates.

You will find the actual game has alot of changes from what is written in that manual such as command points for Soviet armies and several other changes to how units work and numbers. Is another one online in the forums where a guys went in and added in all the changes from patchs but its not as pretty as the orginial rulebook.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

tm.asp?m=3862472 - Condensed rules as of 1.08.03

1.08.05 should include and updated manual with changes up to and including 1.08.02, maybe the author finds some free time to update it further.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
kgsan

Post by kgsan »

So is the printed manual now for sale (August 2015) the original manual or a version which includes current updates?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

It's the original, and IIRC, only a small portion of the WitE pdf manual was printed.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
uw06670

Post by uw06670 »

For 2.0, have you 2by3 guys considered making the manual (or perhaps a core set of the rules) available on the web in a wiki form? Then as rules change they can be kept up to date in one location that everyone can reference? Some of the hardcore dedicated players might be willing to help keep it up to date as patches come out, if more manpower is needed.
- Mark
RKhan

Post by RKhan »

ORIGINAL: uw06670

For 2.0, have you 2by3 guys considered making the manual (or perhaps a core set of the rules) available on the web in a wiki form? Then as rules change they can be kept up to date in one location that everyone can reference? Some of the hardcore dedicated players might be willing to help keep it up to date as patches come out, if more manpower is needed.

Brilliant idea. It is hard enough to learn this game without an out-of-date rulebook.

Only why not do it now? Simple enough to publish the existing rulebook as html.
RKhan

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”