Oil, Partisans in NEI

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

WIF_Killzone

Oil, Partisans in NEI

Post by WIF_Killzone »

I'm confused, it appears there are NEI partisans on the oil hex preventing Japan from getting any oil.

Japan is not at war with the CW, US, or NEI or anyone except China--why are they there and why are they being so mean.

More importantly how do I get rid of them now that Japan has no oil and all the JP transports tanks are dry..., I have one Amphib, do I declare war on the bastards or ???

Holy crap, it sure is all about oil! Surely something else is going on, any ideas?

Ur_Vile_WEdge

RE: Oil, Partisans in NEI

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Well, NEI partisans are red. They're controlled by the closest power that's at war with whomever is at war with the NEI, which, if Japan hasn't started fighting the Europeans, is probably Italy.

So the easiest method is just have the Italians move them off the hex with oil.

As an aside, I would have thought you'd need 2 or more partisans to cut Japan off. IIRC, Japan gets the first 2 NEI oil, and the CW gets whatever's left. Given that you don't have more than 2 oil in any hex there, one partisan, even sitting in Palembang, shouldn't be cutting the NEI stuff away from Japan.

"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
WIF_Killzone

Post by WIF_Killzone »

Thx, I was wrong, doesn't look like its the Partisan.

From the production planning form, Balikpapan and Tarakan may be oil sources for Jp, but it lists them as Production=Idle and destination=None. The form also lists Jp getting oil from the US but at each turn end it says no oil...

Its no better for Italy who are supposed to be receiving two from Germany but cant re-organize at end of turn with no oil message.

I must be doing something wrong, first time playing with oil.

paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

You need to place 5 CPs in the Japanese Coast to get the US oil and you need at least 2 CPs in the China Sea and South China Sea to get the NEI oil. Except for the USA lends, that CP placement is on top of any others needed to bring regular resources home. Since every turn oil can be idle, saved, used for re-org, or used to make BPs, you likely need to go through the Production Planning process to ensure you do something beneficial with it.

Edit: Another thought - if it is your first time playing with oil, are you using it up for re-org every turn? Theoretically, early in the game, Japan has to have it saved the turn before they use it, since they have none of their own to draw on directly.
Paul
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

A gamesave might help to analyse what is happening here. Japan should get oil out of NEI, except when all oil fields are either destroyed or occupied by partisans...
Peter

Return to “World in Flames”