CTGW dev Team ?

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

CTGW dev Team ?

Post by operating »

What's going on? It's been real "quiet" up in your neck of the woods... Any NEWS? Any updates on updates?
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
zakblood

RE: CTGW dev Team ?

Post by zakblood »

well if you don't know operating, then none of us will, as we wait on you :)
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

well if you don't know operating, then none of us will, as we wait on you :)

What I get in PM's and emails is not necessarily on the board, that's private. Instead of hearing from me what's going on, it's better that the Team has it's say-so here.[;)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

that's true, but any news is news all the same :)
operating

Post by operating »

that's true, but any news is news all the same :)
Yes, an Official Announcement" by the Dev team or LZ, anybody for that matter: About what is going on? I pity "new buyers of the game" especially if the game will not function for them without technical assistance. That's what most would call "A RIP OFF"!
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

I regret buying it, seems the developers are not interested in supporting the game.

Have had no official response to my question.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Hello guys,not been around for a wee while as you may have noticed. I have been reliably informed that GTGW will continue to have bug fixes etc worked on officially. But there are no plans to release further patches!
I personally have been taking a break from the game, but I do have a lot I still can add to the game play, mainly manual Convoy control, and over 100 new Commanders so that every Nation in the game has some that can be added to their units.
Make it so!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

on sale today, so they are pushing it out still for new players, well worth a £10 in anyone's book imo still...
MTTODD

Post by MTTODD »

I disagree it's worth £10 if it no longer is supported with patches.
operating

Post by operating »

on sale today, so they are pushing it out still for new players, well worth a £10 in anyone's book imo still...
In dollars: $15.00 for the download (was $30.00), $25.00 boxed edition (was $40.00). I'll have to agree with Zakblood, that's not a bad deal! Plus with Kirk stepping up to announce that the game will have support (although limited) is heartening. Kirk has a reputation for helping members through difficult situations.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Hello guys,not been around for a wee while as you may have noticed. I have been reliably informed that GTGW will continue to have bug fixes etc worked on officially. But there are no plans to release further patches!
I personally have been taking a break from the game, but I do have a lot I still can add to the game play, mainly manual Convoy control, and over 100 new Commanders so that every Nation in the game has some that can be added to their units.

Good to hear from you Kirk! It's been the "one" bright spot we have had at this forum lately (officially).[;)]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well i tend to go with the lighter side of things tbh and think more long term than short, and will always give 2nd and third chances and sometimes 4th if and when needed, so look forward to more users and then more of everything else :)
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: operating

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Good to hear from you Kirk! It's been the "one" bright spot we have had at this forum lately (officially).[;)]

Well here is another bright spot I think, I have started working on modding the game, hopefully my time spent doing this,will aid the enjoyment of the game for everyone.

Watch this space more details with screenshots are in the works.
Make it so!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks[&o]
operating

Post by operating »

I see that a couple of people got out of bed on the right side this morning..[:D]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no i slide out at the bottom so she doesn't know im gone, right or left i get spotted[:D][;)][X(][8|]
operating

Post by operating »

no i slide out at the bottom so she doesn't know im gone, right or left i get spotted[:D][;)][X(][8|]
Yes, some honeys get jealous of the computer and wish we'd join WGA (War Games Anonymous). [:-]
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

I don't exactly understand how bugfixes can be delivered without patches?
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Rongor

I don't exactly understand how bugfixes can be delivered without patches?
In the past "bug fixes" were Hot Fixed (for the now) by the dev's then included in the next patch, however there appears to be no next patch. The Daddy of this game evidently decided to skip town leaving all his troubles behind. [:(]
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Honestly that is a shame. This game has potential.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”