Game Launch, New Game and Loading Games slow

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

LordArkham

Game Launch, New Game and Loading Games slow

Post by LordArkham »

Game launch takes one minute. Is this normal?
Loading a saved game takes about 15 seconds. (this is fine)
A new game (250 stars, 10 empires, 15x15 map) takes upwards of 10 minutes. This can't be normal!

Computer stats:

Phenom II x4 945 (Passmark 3731) 4GB RAM, Geforce GT640 2GB (Passmark 1288), RAID I hard drive setup
MS Windows 7 Pro, x64

My search skills may be off, I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this. Apologies if there is something already written somewhere. I have the latest game version and got it through Steam.

All programs and games work fine on my computer.
LordArkham

RE: Game Launch, New Game and Loading Games slow

Post by LordArkham »

I found the problem. Custom Pirate Game with my particular galaxy setup just doesn't work, apparently.

Loading Pirate game in age of shadows went off in one minute flat. Any suggestions on a custom pirate game or is it broke.
HerpInYourDerp

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

Pirate games require a minimum level of independents to be present (usually above 'rare' for 250 stars afaik) & an unoccupied fuel site within a system for the spawn. The latter shouldn't be the issue if your resources.txt hasn't been altered.
LordArkham

Post by LordArkham »

ORIGINAL: HerpInYourDerp

Pirate games require a minimum level of independents to be present (usually above 'rare' for 250 stars afaik)

I think that was it. I like to play rare colonies with rare independent alien life and I think the program was either searching for a suitable place to start or just took a "dump" and hung at the "starting galaxies" message.

Thanks for the explanation.

Return to “Tech Support”