Conquering the Ancient Guardians

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tehlongone

Conquering the Ancient Guardians

Post by Tehlongone »

The Ancient Guardians spawned in a rather annoying location and I'm considering eventually conquering them, probably far before any Shakturi show up (if they ever do).

My question is, will that screw with the storyline? I don't mind having to face the Shakturi alone, but if they never show up as a result that's a bit of a bummer, not to mention if some mysterious victory condition gets triggered before even facing them.

On that note, if you "win" from resolving the Shakturi/Ancient Guardians issue can you continue the game?

I was rather hoping that selecting the victory conditions 100% economy/100% territory/100% population would mean the game doesn't end before I feel I'm done. Anyone got any experiences with it?
Bingeling

RE: Conquering the Ancient Guardians

Post by Bingeling »

You can always continue after you "win". What happens to the storyline, I do not know.
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

Does that apply to all victory conditions, if you win or lose you can just click continue and play for as long as you want still?
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Yes, you can play on. If you do like the victory view, but don't like the "victory moment", set the requirements to 100% of everything. You can compare empires in the victory score screen, and it will take a galaxy takeover to win.

A small disclaimer for the ancient galaxy, or any other mod having similar story structures.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”