Hex numbering for a GREAT game.

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

ncarson

Hex numbering for a GREAT game.

Post by ncarson »

I truly love this game, it has brought more fun and learning per $$ than anything I can think of in recent times. Thank you so much for your hard work.
Sometimes we temporary generals/admirals start a game on Sunday night, and FINALLY locate those pesky carriers, only to return on Tuesday and encounter "Now where were those $%^%%$ carriers that we spotted on the last turn?" A simple hex numbering system would allow us to post a sticky note on the computer indicating "Carriers headed south with BShip on hex xxxx". Of course, even better would be to post a symbol (maybe one of the existing ones, a different color, or inverted or something) but this would entail much program revision with little reward. The numbering system should not.

Anyway, even without it, I counted some sidebars as coords, but it is cumbersome and somewhat less than elegant...

Thanks again for a great game.
CGGrognard

RE: Hex numbering for a GREAT game.

Post by CGGrognard »

Perhaps a system akin to radar or plotting systems today, where you could place a "marker" on the hex you suspect or last spotted the ship, aircraft, infantry, etc.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
Simulacra53

RE: Hex numbering for a GREAT game.

Post by Simulacra53 »

Good idea, either symbol, better yet a tracking line.
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”