Panzer Corps: Operation Sea Lion announced!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Daniele

Panzer Corps: Operation Sea Lion announced!

Post by Daniele »

“[However] a German invasion of England would be a matter of life and death for the British, and they would unhesitatingly commit their naval forces, to the last ship and the last man, into an all-out fight for survival” Erich Raeder, commander-in-chief of the Kriegsmarine

Great Britain, the propulsive core of the British Empire, is surrounded. After the fall of Scandinavia and France only a few miles of sea divide the land of Albion from the Reich. It’s only thanks to the Home Fleet and to the Royal Air Force that the Germans are not yet raising their flag on the Big Ben.

But for how long?

Panzer Corps: Operation Sea Lion is the latest expansion of the multi award-winning strategy title Panzer Corps, and it is focused on one of the most famous what if scenarios of the Second World War: the cancelled (but planned) German invasion of the British Isles, which was the plan to put an end to the war on the Western Front and to force the remnants of the Commonwealth forces around the World to surrender.

The campaign can be started with the core force from DLC 40, so you can begin the invasion of England with the core forces that emerged victorious in France. Alternatively players can start with a preset core force.

Scenario list
Channel Islands, Eagle Attack, Dover, Canterbury, Gravesend, Crossing the Thames, Basildon, Luton, Brighton, Newick, Guildford, Reading, Farnborough, Milton Keynes, Gibraltar, Lyme Regis, Minehead, Plymouth, Shepton Mallet, Bristol, Besieging London, Storming London, Oxford, Coventry, Irish Sea, North Sea, Hadrian's Wall, Antonine's Wall, Orkney Islands, Reykjavik.

[center]Operation Sea Lion is an expansion for Panzer Corps and requires Panzer Corps to be played[/center]
Freyr Oakenshield

RE: Panzer Corps: Operation Sea Lion announced!

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

...using features never attempted in Panzer Corps before. Auxiliary ground, air and naval forces that survive a mission may follow your army into the next mission, repair/build bridges and airfields, gain naval and air superiority, structures and units switching sides, defecting troops...

and these new features... will they also be implemented in the old scenarios and campaigns or only in Sea Lion?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

The features are added to the engine but we are not planning to retrofit these changes as they would impact the balance throughout the campaign. Modders can play with them but they wont be added to the base game scenarios.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

I'm going to pass out!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
Thank You[:)]
KLH
Chris Hampton

Post by Chris Hampton »

Will it have a Sealion '41 and '43 campaign like the core game or will it just be '41?
People who turn their swords into plowshares generally end up plowing for the people who kept their swords...
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

There will only be one campaign but very in depth. I forget the exact start date but it is the earlier option, not Sealion '43.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Chris Hampton

Post by Chris Hampton »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

There will only be one campaign but very in depth. I forget the exact start date but it is the earlier option, not Sealion '43.

Ok still sounds pretty awesome, but I have to confess to being a little disappointed that I won't get go on a rampage in Dover with Tigers and Panthers![:D]
People who turn their swords into plowshares generally end up plowing for the people who kept their swords...

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”