A list of the scenarios that can be sorted

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Fred98

A list of the scenarios that can be sorted

Post by Fred98 »

Currently the scenarios are grouped in folders according to the time period and/or the location. Instead of that, I suggest a list that can be sorted. The names are listed across the top of each column. You click on the label at the top of the column and the list is sorted according to that title. The titled would be:

Scenario start date
Scenario end date
Number of turns
Geographical location
The name of Side A
The name of Side B
The number of units in Side A
The number of units in Side B (these give me an indication how long it takes to play a turn).

I like to waragame via PBEM. Usually I play a turn a day but sometimes miss a day - as does my opponent. So a 50 turn game will take 60 days ( two months). Any longer and it drags on or a player driops out or what ever.

Templer_12

RE: A list of the scenarios that can be sorted

Post by Templer_12 »

Deleted.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

Currently the scenarios are grouped in folders according to the time period and/or the location. Instead of that, I suggest a list that can be sorted. The names are listed across the top of each column. You click on the label at the top of the column and the list is sorted according to that title. The titled would be:

Scenario start date
Scenario end date
Number of turns
Geographical location
The name of Side A
The name of Side B
The number of units in Side B (these give me an indication how long it takes to play a turn).

I like to waragame via PBEM. Usually I play a turn a day but sometimes miss a day - as does my opponent. So a 50 turn game will take 60 days ( two months). Any longer and it drags on or a player driops out or what ever.

I support the proposal.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Is there any indication that designers will update their scenarios to TOAW IV. I remember that the number of scenarios was always touted by TOAWIII players in the past as a reason to purchase the game.
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

Scenario start date
Scenario end date
Number of turns
Geographical location
The name of Side A
The name of Side B

The first two are problematical particularly the second one.

Some scenarios have variable end dates (for example, lasting 25 - 50 turns depending on events). And some dates are genuinely non-standard. To be consistent you would need to account for such things as 2nd Punic War, Peloponnesian War, War of the Rings, The War of the Last Alliance, Willy Wonka etc. Further, some scenarios throw the TOAW date out of the window and progress from anywhere between 45 mins a turn,2 hours a turn and everything up to 2 months per turn. Calculating an end date for some of these is not easy and, I would submit, not that useful in practical terms.

A quick trip over to the TOAW forum at Gamesquad and you can download the Scenario Catalogue that covers everything you are looking for apart from end date. Next update to the catalogue will be Sunday 30 August 2015.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Next update to the catalogue will be Sunday 30 August 2015.

[&o]

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”