So 1.08.05???

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

chaos45

So 1.08.05???

Post by chaos45 »

Any idea when this is going to drop or can the community at least get a list of the changes being made/proposed?

Things have gotten kinda quiet on the forums with Pelton out for abit lol.

morvael

RE: So 1.08.05???

Post by morvael »

Certainly not in August, because of the way in which holidays of three people needed to send .05 on its way to the public are chained. We will use this extra month to better balance the patch.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Can we at least maybe see a peek at whats planned for patch?

I know some of it has already been in testing but have seen some extremely varied results from recent games and some comments from the gallery might be useful based on whats proprosed.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Change log at this time is "just" 32 pages long...

I guess an important change is a new forced disband feature which will allow to save the equipment from divisions that were previously withdrawing with all their equipment, in case that withdrawal represented units lost in the East and never rebuilt or lost, rebuilt and used only in the West. At least now the Axis player will keep the men and equipment of such units if he managed not to lose such units in historical fashion. This partially solves the "no Stalingrad" problem.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

did you guys decide to lower German supply line MP or not?

Personally Im still unsure if that change is needed especially if air re-supply was reduced in effectiveness.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Change log at this time is "just" 32 pages long...

I guess an important change is a new forced disband feature which will allow to save the equipment from divisions that were previously withdrawing with all their equipment, in case that withdrawal represented units lost in the East and never rebuilt or lost, rebuilt and used only in the West. At least now the Axis player will keep the men and equipment of such units if he managed not to lose such units in historical fashion. This partially solves the "no Stalingrad" problem.

I will shut up now![&o]
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

I don't think its needed, all things being equal not that hard to stop Germany in mid 42 even with Middle Earth fuel drops.

Russian can simply run Oka south 42 and still easly win taking huge industrial loses, land loses and massive truck loses.

Pelton vs smokendave.

Back finally, but going to be RL busy as most of my office takes vacation the next 8 weeks and so do I :)
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

I think this helps more when Germany is on defense. More MP and metal junk to burn through - CV stays higher for longer time. Result - Soviets later in Berlin.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Figured I would give this a bump as Ive been debating starting a new game up since my other games have slowed to crawl but want to wait for .05

September maybe? as August is over half over now an ETA should maybe forthcoming esp if the patch is virtually complete [:)]
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Our goal is to send our updates to the publisher in September. But delays may happen if we encounter some problems.
Plus the publisher needs some time to prepare/compile the update release and for testing (need to test their own release + Steam version).
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

Hi guys,

These updates take a LOOOOONG time. Not complaining, for the first time :-).

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”